Uae4all Won't Run Any Games - Blank Screen

spacy9

Still Fresh
I just received my GP2X today and started playing with it. I have the UAE4ALL software loaded and roms loaded. I have the same version of kickstart I use for Windows emulaton in the same directory as the UAE4ALL file (1.3, 512K). The unit has the 2.0 Firmware. For some reason any game I pick ( I have tried 20 ) flashes the screen a couple of times , black, gray, white, then freezez and does nothing else - sometimes it just goes white with no flashing. I've also tried going to the Workbench whithout picking a file to load and it does the same thing.

Does it just load this slow and I need to wait - 5 mins or more?

I've tried it with sound, without sound, overclocked, normal clock, under clocked... Nothing seems to make it go.

Does UAE4ALL work in 2.0? Which version of kickstart should I use? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You need the 512k overdumped kick 1.3, sounds like its the one you have but perhaps you are using an encrypted kickstart from amiga forevever?

Definately works on Firmware 2.0 here.

Iorgy77 posted on Oct 10 2006 at 07:47 AM said:
You need the 512k overdumped kick 1.3, sounds like its the one you have but perhaps you are using an encrypted kickstart from amiga forevever?

My money's on that too.

Last edited by a moderator:
critical posted on Oct 10 2006 at 09:33 AM said:
Iorgy77 posted on Oct 10 2006 at 07:47 AM said:

My money's on that too.

What???

JimmySlam posted on Oct 10 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
I feel that it is likely that spacy9's problem was as Iorgy77 diagnosed.

The phrase "my money's on..." means that I would bet (perhaps money) on that being the problem (encrypted kickstart rom).

Is anyone willing to email me a copy of the KICK.ROM that they know works so I can test? I know that I have a 1.3 Kickstart that is 512K but it still doesn't work....

If you can email me, send it to spacy9@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Asking for any kind of Romz on the board is bad. Since Amiga Tech is still on-going they hold the rights to all versions of the operating system and requests like this have given boards bad names in the past. If you don't own an original A500 or you just don't know how to get a rom dump then google is your friend.

Back