Uae4all - Amiga Work Bench?

TrevorBradley

Working on UAE4ALL here... got many games to work, but some give me an "Amiga Work Bench v1.3" disk image on screen.. The game of course won't load.

I never owned an Amiga, only played around with them, so this image is familiar, but I'm not sure what it means.

Any help? Thanks in advance!

Addl... Also, what's the difference between an IPF and an ADF file? Thanks

The "workbench hand" screen generally means the amiga is waiting for you to insert a disk. Sometimes when you place a non bootable adf into the drive it will flicker a few times and return to the workbench hand. On UAE4ALL you sometimes need to place the CPU/Chip slider to zero to get past this point and then can slide it around as desired after the disk boots.

ADF files are AMIGA DISK FILES basically a file which contains an image of the unprotected/cracked amiga disk kinda like modern day ISOs. An IPF on the other hand is an exact image of an original amiga disk containing copy protection if any intact. UAE4ALL does not currently support IPF files. So stick to ADFs.

NickLoTurco said:
Can you get WHDLOAD to work on the GP2X?
Well you dont have a harddisk option with uae4all so I dont see the point of using WHDLOAD.
Whdload is really so you can run games from the harddisk instead of from floppy. Its much easier to use ADFs on the gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back