Uae4all 0.8.0

Dunny said:
liveevil said:
Dunny said:
I am considering buying a Wiz since a couple of weeks ago, as it looked like the Pandora really wasn't going to get anywhere soon. I downloaded source to quite a few projects that interest me on the Wiz - UAE4ALL was top of my list, and fixing a few bugs and keeping the emulator alive would be quite fun :) I know I tend to put the Wiz down because of its substandard hardware, but "any port in a storm" as the saying goes...

But now that the Pandora's case has been green-lighted, I've decided to hang in there another month or two.

D.

Does that mean your up for fixing a few small bugs in UAE4All ?? I know that compatibility wise it's not going to get much better but I think the menu needs an overhaul, the mouse/touchscreen support needs fixing and the H/W scaling option needs enabling (it works on the GP2x but not the Wiz). Any updates would be greatly appreciated even just to get it out of Beta.

I would have been, but with the Pandora so close now it doesn't seem worth the bother.

D.

Awww shucks. Your JSW avatar doesn't make this any easier to swallow :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazyteknohed said:
Dunny said:
liveevil said:
Dunny said:
I am considering buying a Wiz since a couple of weeks ago, as it looked like the Pandora really wasn't going to get anywhere soon. I downloaded source to quite a few projects that interest me on the Wiz - UAE4ALL was top of my list, and fixing a few bugs and keeping the emulator alive would be quite fun :) I know I tend to put the Wiz down because of its substandard hardware, but "any port in a storm" as the saying goes...

But now that the Pandora's case has been green-lighted, I've decided to hang in there another month or two.

D.

Does that mean your up for fixing a few small bugs in UAE4All ?? I know that compatibility wise it's not going to get much better but I think the menu needs an overhaul, the mouse/touchscreen support needs fixing and the H/W scaling option needs enabling (it works on the GP2x but not the Wiz). Any updates would be greatly appreciated even just to get it out of Beta.

I would have been, but with the Pandora so close now it doesn't seem worth the bother.

D.

Awww shucks. Your JSW avatar doesn't make this any easier to swallow :(

Yeah, I would have of course done some speccy stuff for the Wiz (I have a very special project in mind) but again - the Pandora is close, so I'll not be getting a Wiz.

D.

Has ayone gotten Agony to work? I keep getting stuck on a blue screen. What are the necessary steps to load a game that uses 3 adf files? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

fett42 said:
Has ayone gotten Agony to work? I keep getting stuck on a blue screen. What are the necessary steps to load a game that uses 3 adf files? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

I've just tried Agony and it works fine, you need to use the kickstart 3.1 rom otherwise it just stays on the blue DOS screen. It takes a while to load and needs overclocking.I used the version cracked by CSL (Crystal), trainer +5.

liveevil said:
fett42 said:

I've just tried Agony and it works fine, you need to use the kickstart 3.1 rom otherwise it just stays on the blue DOS screen. It takes a while to load and needs overclocking.I used the version cracked by CSL (Crystal), trainer +5.

Awesome, thank you. I'll use 3.1 then. I was trying 1.3 since the readme said to use 1.3.

fett42 said:
Awesome, thank you. I'll use 3.1 then. I was trying 1.3 since the readme said to use 1.3.

You can get kickstart 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1, name them kick13.rom, kick20.rom, kick31.rom and put them all in the 'kickstarts' directory. You can select which one to use in the 'More Options' of UAE4All.

Has anyone tried UAE since the new firmware update ?

I did and found the screen was rotated by 90 degrees, but only when the emulation was running. The menu system is working with the correct orientation.

Works fine for me. Try downloading UAE4All from the NewsWeez site (google it if you must) and installing it again.

TitanUranus said:
Works fine for me. Try downloading UAE4All from the NewsWeez site (google it if you must) and installing it again.

Didn't work. I might try deleteing the config files and see what happens. PITA being rotated clockwise 90degrees.

Edit: It was the libSDL-1.2.so.0 file that I had in the directory. It was supposed to fix the diagonal tearing. Sure, by rotating the screen :)

Slade said:
TitanUranus said:

Didn't work. I might try deleteing the config files and see what happens. PITA being rotated clockwise 90degrees.

Edit: It was the libSDL-1.2.so.0 file that I had in the directory. It was supposed to fix the diagonal tearing. Sure, by rotating the screen :)

Have you tried the latest version of libSDL library that has been uploaded to the archive?

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,271

That one does indeed remove the tearing from uae4all. FINALLY!!! Many thanks to notaz and all who worked on this. Finally tear free amiga emulation on the Wiz!!!

Regards

André

Going a bit off topic here. Has anyone bought the Amiga Forever packs?

http://www.amigaforever.com/

Are the games included (if you buy the Plus edition) directly integrated into the emulator or can they be used in the uae4all on the wiz?

fettouhi said:

Are the games included (if you buy the Plus edition) directly integrated into the emulator or can they be used in the uae4all on the wiz?

I bought the Amiga Forever some years ago. It didn't contain any games back then, I don't think it does now either. The bad news is that I couldn't use the Kickstart ROMs from this pack for uae4all, it just didn't work. So I have to use some kickstart ROMs found on the internet.

smyp said:
fettouhi said:

I bought the Amiga Forever some years ago. It didn't contain any games back then, I don't think it does now either. The bad news is that I couldn't use the Kickstart ROMs from this pack for uae4all, it just didn't work. So I have to use some kickstart ROMs found on the internet.

The Plus edition contains over 100 games, at least that what the webpage says.

Regards

André

smyp said:

I think its because uae4all needs the enhanced 512 kb kickstart rom and not the 256 kb they give you.

fettouhi said:
smyp said:

I think its because uae4all needs the enhanced 512 kb kickstart rom and not the 256 kb they give you.

Nope, The Kickstart ROM images (they provide then all, Depending on pack version you purchase) that come with Amiga Forever are licensed to Cloanto, And so are encrypted to only work with the Amiga Forever software.

Trooper

trooper said:
fettouhi said:
smyp said:

Nope, The Kickstart ROM images (they provide then all, Depending on pack version you purchase) that come with Amiga Forever are licensed to Cloanto, And so are encrypted to only work with the Amiga Forever software.

Trooper

That explains it then. Sucks a bit that they are encrypted but it's understandable...

pickle you think in next version it is possible to add savestate option?

no new version in one year.

At least you could fix the touchscreen problem.

One year...!

snakebyte said:
no new version in one year.

At least you could fix the touchscreen problem.

One year...!

you won't get far with that attitude. he's doing everything for free and has done massive ports for the wiz...

Back