Uae4all 0.8.0

chaos engineer said:
hmm, what is missing at the current amiga emulators for handhelds is hard drive emulation (i.e. whdload, demos etc.). I hope that this will happen at least for the Pandora.
Most of the Amiga 500 hard disks are SCSI and I would imagine a HD controller would need to be emulated and would probably slow it down even more. Disk images are pretty quick and easy and it probably wouldn't even be worth emulating the HD.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
My Amiga still works, and I love to play with Toki and others games that are much more greater than in 16bit like Snes or Genesis, BUT with my wizz, I tried many kick start rom, and I don't find wich one works, where can I buy it or wich version exactly works for Uae4all? I don't want a link, but just the answer, some other forum give it but it does't work.

Thanks in advance

If any Devs need any particular Amiga software (games, firmware, kickstarts, etc) please let me know. I have access to pretty much everything after having been in that scene for quite some time and having a bedroom full of Amiga hardware.

Also, if anyone other than Pickle is doing any Dev work on the Amiga emulation then please have a look at the source for e-UAE, it's a Linux Amiga emulator with save state and HD support so it may be a good place to start when looking for ideas on implementation.

Mick4U said:
My Amiga still works, and I love to play with Toki and others games that are much more greater than in 16bit like Snes or Genesis, BUT with my wizz, I tried many kick start rom, and I don't find wich one works, where can I buy it or wich version exactly works for Uae4all? I don't want a link, but just the answer, some other forum give it but it does't work.

Thanks in advance
You need to find one that's 512 KBytes big. The 256K ones don't work with UAE4All.
Just google and you'll find what you're looking for.

The tearing is almost gone if you use pollux set file (put into the uae4all folder) and create a uae4all_pollux.gpe file with this text inside:

#!/bin/sh
./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./uae4all.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Use notepad2 to create the gpe and config line ending in unix.

Rivroner said:
The tearing is almost gone if you use pollux set file (put into the uae4all folder) and create a uae4all_pollux.gpe file with this text inside:

#!/bin/sh
./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./uae4all.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Use notepad2 to create the gpe and config line ending in unix.

I only see a slight improvement with the above gpe file. But little is better than none, right? ;)

Regards

André

Does this version have savestates? I don't have a wiz, only curious if this is just a port or it has additional features.

So is that it for this emulator? Nobody's replied to this thread for about 5 months and Pickle gave up on it nearly a year ago. Please please can somebody update this emulator ? I might be getting my Wiz tomorrow but from all the research i've done it might be a big mistake because the emulators hardly ever get updated. I wish I could program because there must be a handfull of people who can do it in the whole Wiz scene. Everyone has forgotten about the Wiz now in favour of the Pandora which has been coming out soon for over a year now.

Yesterday i test the emulator with the last SDL and the diagonal tearing has dissapeared at all. :)

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,271

You only have to put the archives in the main folder of the emulator.Spectrum and Amstrad emulators also benefits from this new SDL.

Bet the damn screen still won't show me the powerup bar in ProjectX or Super Obliteration though...

liveevil said:
So is that it for this emulator? Nobody's replied to this thread for about 5 months and Pickle gave up on it nearly a year ago. Please please can somebody update this emulator ? I might be getting my Wiz tomorrow but from all the research i've done it might be a big mistake because the emulators hardly ever get updated. I wish I could program because there must be a handfull of people who can do it in the whole Wiz scene. Everyone has forgotten about the Wiz now in favour of the Pandora which has been coming out soon for over a year now.

Actually i think your missing the fact that the wiz is using gp2x software which has had years of development during the time of the gp2x. Some things are as good as they can get.
You sound like you want updates for the sake of updates.

I wonder if AGA chipset, MC68020 and amiga HD support is technically doable on WIZ...

madtwinz said:
I wonder if AGA chipset, MC68020 and amiga HD support is technically doable on WIZ...

No, even on the Pandora the AGA version is slow (unless you want to play non-action games). We really need Cyclone to support the 020 chipset which would be a big job.

But it's a goal to see good A1200 emulation, it was quite a beast and opens up a new generation of games which would never run on dosbox.

liveevil said:
You idiot, you slag people off and then ask for updates!!!! Your user name suits you!!! The emulator hasn't been updated for nearly a year and it's far from complete. Even the version number still says BETA. That's why the question was asked. All work is being spent on Pandora's version of everything.

I am considering buying a Wiz since a couple of weeks ago, as it looked like the Pandora really wasn't going to get anywhere soon. I downloaded source to quite a few projects that interest me on the Wiz - UAE4ALL was top of my list, and fixing a few bugs and keeping the emulator alive would be quite fun :) I know I tend to put the Wiz down because of its substandard hardware, but "any port in a storm" as the saying goes...

But now that the Pandora's case has been green-lighted, I've decided to hang in there another month or two.

D.

Dunny said:
I am considering buying a Wiz since a couple of weeks ago, as it looked like the Pandora really wasn't going to get anywhere soon. I downloaded source to quite a few projects that interest me on the Wiz - UAE4ALL was top of my list, and fixing a few bugs and keeping the emulator alive would be quite fun :) I know I tend to put the Wiz down because of its substandard hardware, but "any port in a storm" as the saying goes...

But now that the Pandora's case has been green-lighted, I've decided to hang in there another month or two.

D.

Does that mean your up for fixing a few small bugs in UAE4All ?? I know that compatibility wise it's not going to get much better but I think the menu needs an overhaul, the mouse/touchscreen support needs fixing and the H/W scaling option needs enabling (it works on the GP2x but not the Wiz). Any updates would be greatly appreciated even just to get it out of Beta.

Also, everywhere i've read insists that you need to put the 1.3 kickstart rom in the root of the UAE4All directory, you don't. I seem to be one of very few people that know this but you put it in the 'kickstarts' directory. You also put kickstart 2 & 3 in there named kick20.rom kick31.rom. You change which kickstart to use in the 'More Options'. Some games need these kickstarts to run, no AGA support but more compatibility. I know this because it was the same on my GP2x F100.

liveevil said:
Dunny said:

D.

Does that mean your up for fixing a few small bugs in UAE4All ?? I know that compatibility wise it's not going to get much better but I think the menu needs an overhaul, the mouse/touchscreen support needs fixing and the H/W scaling option needs enabling (it works on the GP2x but not the Wiz). Any updates would be greatly appreciated even just to get it out of Beta.

I would have been, but with the Pandora so close now it doesn't seem worth the bother.

D.

Pickle is the heart of the Wiz without a doubt, thank you very much Pickle ^_^

Back