Uae4all 0.8.0

Pickle, I just ordered my Wiz but I've been following the Pandora scene for quite some time and have just recently been reading through the Wiz posts. I really appreciate the work you've been putting into these open systems. It is quite impressive. I really hope you don't give up on this emulator. Having an A500 running on the Wiz at a native speed would be awesome. Anyways, it's a encouragement, not a demand. :) All your work is appreciated!!

It would be great if someone is willing to work on the amiga emulator. Because it would nice if the touch screen could get fixed :) . I've tried a few games and here is what I experience with 700 MHz, 22 kHz sound and frameskip set to auto

Great Giana Sisters: Runs fine but title screen is inverted in colors and mixing pixels.
Blood Money: Rine fine also but the flickering a lot after you die the first time also the title screen is missing pixels.
Wings: Runs fine.
Wings of Fury: Runs fine as well.
Lotus I: Runs fine but has a lot of flickering.
Lotus II: Works now, tried a different adf.
Lotus III: Won't run, black screen.
Apidya: Runs very very slow.
Turrican II: Runs fine.
Butcher Hill: Runs fine now, tried a new adf.
Cabal: Runs fine.
Chase H. Q. II: Loads title screen and then hangs.
Forgotten Worlds: Runs a bit better but is very choppy.
Hill Streets Blues: Runs fine.
IK plus: Runs now, tried a different adf.
Kick Off 2: Runs fine.
Tip Off: Runs fine.
Manchester United Europe: Runs fine.
North & South: Runs fine.
Persian Gulf Inferno: Runs now, tried a different adf.
Power Drift: Runs fine.
Pro Tennis Tour: Runs fine.
Pro Tennis Tour 2: Doesn't run. Loads title but menu screen isn't fully renderered and it hangs.
Great Courts 2: Runs fine now after finding a different adf.
Shadow of the Beast I: Runs fine but parts of title screen display flickering.
Silkworm: Runs fine.
Stunt Car Racer: Runs fine.
Super Hang-On: Runs fine.
Super Monaco GP: Runs fine.
Turbo Out Run: 1 disk version runs fine :).
Tennis Cup: Runs fine.
Tennis Cup II: Runs fine.
Test Drive: Runs fine.
The Games - Winter Edition: Runs now, tried a different set of adf's.
The Games - Summer Edition: Won't run, black screen with teared U.S. Gold.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
Lotus II: Won't run, you get a grabled mess.
You might try another ADF. I had two that didn't work on PSP UAE4All (based on the GP2X-version), but then found one that worked (of course it didn't run well on the PSP).

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
fettouhi said:
Lotus II: Won't run, you get a grabled mess.
You might try another ADF. I had two that didn't work on PSP UAE4All (based on the GP2X-version), but then found one that worked (of course it didn't run well on the PSP).

I already tried 2 different adf's but I'll try again :D.

Regards

André

Shadow of the Beast plays like a dream. Nice. And I tried Apidya again. It seems that the first time I tried it (see my former post) I did something wrong with the overclocking. Sorry Pickle. I mean it is not full speed, but its playable.

Is there something about the Amiga that makes it hard to get to full speed? I would think that CPS2 hardware is much more sophisticated than Amiga and that runs full speed on the Wiz. Is there something weird about the custom Amiga chipset that is inefficient to emulate or something?

The Amiga video and audio hardware is very sophisticated and complex. You can do a lot of fancy things with it just look at the demos and intros out there. Timing between the different chips is important too.
Arcade boards like CPS2 or the NeoGeo are much more simple in design. They more or less just push sprites and playfields from gfx rom to video.

Regards,
Stephan

hmm, what is missing at the current amiga emulators for handhelds is hard drive emulation (i.e. whdload, demos etc.). I hope that this will happen at least for the Pandora.

Tested a few more games:

Beach Volley: Works fine.
Turrican: Works fine.
Swiv: Works fine has bit of flickering.
Speedball II: Works fine.
Strider: Works fine.
Silent Service: Works fine.
Rick Dangerous: Works fine.
P47 Thunderbolt: Works fine.
Nitro: Loads but hangs in the menu.
Moonstone: Works fine.
Menace: Works fine.
License to Kill: Works fine.
Kick Off: Doesn't run.
Ghostbusters II: Works fine.
Ghouls 'N Ghosts: Won't load.
Flimbo's Quest: Works fine.
Flashback: Hangs in the menu when you click START.
Defender of the Crown: Works fine.
Creatures: Works fine.
Chase H.Q.: Loads fine now. Got a different adf.
California Games: Hangs at changing to disk 2.
Barbarian II (Palace): Works fine.
Another World: Runs fine.
Apidya: Works fine.
Airborne Ranger: Loads but hangs after title screen.

Regards

André

hi all

a wierd issue.. amberstar used to work perfectly on my gp2x with uae4all, now it gets an out of memory error..im using the same exact kickstart and havfe set memory to 1mg

any ideas?

found out what the problem was.. weird but i needed to resave the script.. i love this emu, but it could greatly benefit from an accurate touch screen mouse and if possible, save states, although i dont think the original uae4all ever had them.. the touchscreen seems to be an issue across ports.. any possible fixes?

bodhee said:
found out what the problem was.. weird but i needed to resave the script.. i love this emu, but it could greatly benefit from an accurate touch screen mouse and if possible, save states, although i dont think the original uae4all ever had them.. the touchscreen seems to be an issue across ports.. any possible fixes?

I'd be very happy to donate to the man who will fix the mouse issue :)

fettouhi said:
Tested a few more games:

Regards

André

Hi André :)

could you (or someone else) please test few games more (please forgive me if these games have already been tested before but I couldn't find the info), I admit that it would mainly determinate my future buying choice ;)

here are the games :
- Sensible World of Soccer
- The Settlers
- Canon Fodder
- Transartica
- Major Motion
- Super Cars 2
- Ishar
- Indy Heat
and finaly
- Stunt Car Racer

Many thanks :)

I only have Stunt Car Racer and Cannon Fodder here from your list but both work very good...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I only have Stunt Car Racer and Cannon Fodder here from your list but both work very good...

Regards,
Stephan

2 nice games already working, not bad :D

Back