Uae4all 0.8.0

Wow. A great day for us Wiz owners :) . The only thing is that didn't work with my original Amiga-forever kickstart rom...I had to find another copy to be able to run the emulator.

Nice release, Pickle! Thanks.
The only problem I noticed so far is that the touchscreen is not very exact. Could it be that the calibration data is missing? Do you think there is a solution for it?
I used uae4all on my F-200 and never noticed that the touchcreen is supported. Is this a new feature of the Wiz port?

Regards,
Stephan

This could bring me to buy a Wiz after all.

Does every (with UAE4All compatible) Amiga 500-game run fullspeed (frameskip 0, 50fps, clear stereo sound)?

john4p said:
This could bring me to buy a Wiz after all.

Does every (with UAE4All compatible) Amiga 500-game run fullspeed (frameskip 0, 50fps, clear stereo sound)?

No.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else this problem that when exiting uae4all on the wiz, that the gp2xmenu is very sluggish? I have to turn my wiz off and on for it to run normal again.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
Has anyone else this problem that when exiting uae4all on the wiz, that the gp2xmenu is very sluggish? I have to turn my wiz off and on for it to run normal again.

Regards

André

Download the latetest version from the archive. I think the problem is gone...

I gave UAE4all a whirl last night after locating the correct kick.rom file for it. I only had a handful of game files on hand so my try-out wasn't exhaustive, but I had some rather disappointing results.

Chaos Engine - wouldn't run because it requires AGA which isn't supported by Kickstart 1.3
Test Drive 1 - ran ok but slowly - didn't try any overclock options at this point
Populous 2 - wouldn't go past the opening "bullfrog" screen
Cover Girl Strip Poker - screen mode weirdness - looks maybe like HAM mode but might also be an AGA issue.
R-Type 2 - ran, but massive slowdown on any area where many enemies appear. overclocking helped a little

Reset causes a crash to a black screen every single time.

If anyone want to give a shot at fixing any issues go ahead, Im probably done with uae4all. I really dont have much interest in doing any more with it.

forgeflow said:
I gave UAE4all a whirl last night after locating the correct kick.rom file for it. I only had a handful of game files on hand so my try-out wasn't exhaustive, but I had some rather disappointing results.

Chaos Engine - wouldn't run because it requires AGA which isn't supported by Kickstart 1.3
Test Drive 1 - ran ok but slowly - didn't try any overclock options at this point
Populous 2 - wouldn't go past the opening "bullfrog" screen
Cover Girl Strip Poker - screen mode weirdness - looks maybe like HAM mode but might also be an AGA issue.
R-Type 2 - ran, but massive slowdown on any area where many enemies appear. overclocking helped a little

Reset causes a crash to a black screen every single time.
There is also an OCS-version of Chaos Engine which should work. It's better than the AGA-version because they just mis-used the more colors in the AGA-release and destroyed the brilliant colorscheme of the original OCS-release.

Test Drive is a slow game...

Populous II doesn't run? That's sad for its fans (which I'm not).

Strip Poker indeed uses a HAM mode I think - so this is a very unusual title.

And the Amiga-version of R-Type II is slow. It's a poor port.

I'd like to know how well Apidya, Battle Squadron (PAL version), Lotus II, Beast III and Turrican 3 perform - that'd be meaningful.

fettouhi said:
Nope, because I am using the latest version from the archive.

Regards

André

Do you really have the latest version? I think Pickle updated the file in the archive shortly after uploading.
I've got the same problems as you until downloading the latest version. (perhaps just coincidence)

sbock said:
fettouhi said:

Regards

André

Do you really have the latest version? I think Pickle updated the file in the archive shortly after uploading.
I've got the same problems as you until downloading the latest version. (perhaps just coincidence)

There was an update like sbock said, I had missed a part where uae4all resets the clock speed when it quits.

Thank you Pickle. This is a nice port from the gp2x to the wiz. I already had a lot of fun with it, although many games are not full speed (e.g. Apidya is quite slow). However, most of the games are playable.

chaos engineer said:
Thank you Pickle. This is a nice port from the gp2x to the wiz. I already had a lot of fun with it, although many games are not full speed (e.g. Apidya is quite slow). However, most of the games are playable.

even with overclock?

Pickle said:
sbock said:
fettouhi said:

Regards

André

There was an update like sbock said, I had missed a part where uae4all resets the clock speed when it quits.

Ahh, I try to download it again because. The menu is only asluggish when I overclick the the amiga emulator and then exit it.

Regards

André

Back