Uae Problem With Barbarian

vic20-ian

Website
Visit site
Having problems with UAE, just keeps resetting to workbench / loader with Barbarian by Palace.

I have the game disk in the garage somewhere, probably corrupt by now, any help on how I can refresh my adf file with one that works on UAE?

The wiki lists it as working, anyone else have it running? If so please confirm how. thanks.

How do you man it resets to the loader? If you mean it shows the disk insert screen, then I have a thory why this is.
Some games don't use their own boot scripts and use workbench to load instead. So I'm guessing that newer games would use newer versions of workbench which are incompatible with the kickstart rom.

Of course this is just a guess into why I couldnt get some games working, but I'll wait for someone else to confirm this

vic20-ian posted on Mar 4 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
Having problems with UAE, just keeps resetting to workbench / loader with Barbarian by Palace.

I have the game disk in the garage somewhere, probably corrupt by now, any help on how I can refresh my adf file with one that works on UAE?

The wiki lists it as working, anyone else have it running? If so please confirm how. thanks.
I listed it as running, but omitted the settings and further info from the entry, sorry.
I've updated the wiki now, but basically it works fine with CPU Bias set to full. Most games that use Workbench to start need the CPU Bias set to full. There's more info on the wiki about that. Please could you post any further issues to the ongoing thread linked to below, as otherwise it's pure chance whether I see them or not:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=25402

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back