UAE Hard Drives from original lha files

Ian J

Advanced Member
I have 3 .lha archives of the 3 partitions from my Amiga (Workbench, Work and Games)

I can extract the Workbench folder and boot from it but because it is looking for some files in the Work partition I get quite a few errors on booting (it does work though)

Whats the best way to get all 3 partitions/folders working?

Make one big HDD (with your work and games drives in appropriate directories) and in your s:startup-sequence add

ASSIGN work: sys:work

ASSIGN games: sys:games

And that should do it.

D.

Make one big HDD (with your work and games drives in appropriate directories) and in your s:startup-sequence add

ASSIGN work: sys:work

ASSIGN games: sys:games

And that should do it.

D.
Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong.

What should the structure of the folders be?

I have:

HD/Workbench/

HD/Workbech/Games/

HD/Workbench/Work/

If I point to Workbench as the directory I get unknown command, failed returncode 10

If I remove the assign commands WB boots as before but without Work or Games

In which case, your Workbench is missing the "assign" command.

Try examining "c:" - from a shell, issue

dir c:

and see if Assign is in there. If not, you have a broken Workbench install. Make sure you're booting from HD/Workbench, not HD/

D.

Assign is in the c directory.

The workbench partition boots fine if I take the assign command out that points to Work & Games but I have errors as there is some software in Work that is run at boot up, custom menu's that kind of thing.

I would really like to get these working as they do on the original hardware if possible.

There are other assign commands in the start-up and user start-up files that run fine (apart from the missing items from Work)

Do I have the folder structure set out right?

It would seem so. Interesting that the assigns fail though - they shouldn't. I do the same trick with my Workbench/Work configuration in WinUAE.

D.

It's a nightmare trying to edit the startup-sequence on the Pandora via UAE is there anything on PC you can recommend for editing?

On PC you need something that will preserve unix-style line endings. I'd recommend Textpad or Notepad2, they do the job nicely.

D.

Back