Two Questions On The Zodiac...

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

just two questions on Tapware's Zodiac:

1. is it necessary to buy the Zodiac 2 (128 MB) in order to enjoy all the emulators and to run Palm OS software, or the model 1 (32 MB) will do ?

2. is it true that Tapware wants to discontinue the Zodiac ?

Thanks a lot.

no
dont know

but i wont buy a zodiac in the moment when the new gp si right about the corner, you could get way more for the same price.

No it is not necessary to buy the Zodiac 2 to enjoy emulators and games, use the money you would save buying the Zodiac 1 to buy some bid Secure Digital cards. I have a Zodiac 2, but still think the Zodiac 1 looks better.

Tapwave have all but given up on the production of the Zodiac, and are apparently working on a new OEM business model instead, this news post explains better.

If your only interest in the Zodiac is for games and emu's I wouldn't waste your money. However, if your interested in it's Palm features, with perhaps emu's as a sideline, then it's a completely different story.

Yup.
If gaming and Emus are your only interest, go for a PSP. If you also want a PDA, the Zodiac would be more intresting for you.
However the PSP won´t beat the Zodiac/Palm version of ScummVM- the touchscreen does all the difference sometimes.

For Media Playback, i think the Zodiac is a bit better, esp. the video playback with TCPMP does pwn the PSP- better resolution (480x320), playback options, codec support and aspect ratio (the PSP´s widescreen ain´t good for fullscreen movies).

The PSP´s second flaw is the screen; it tends to "smear the colors" (ghosting) in some fast games, has often dead pixels (just a minor annoyance, but still) and its aspect ratio is "suboptimal" for emulators and ports.

Back