Two preorders approaching!

Are you sure there will be no issues with paypal this time? Neo900 guys are now facing some difficulties

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95482&page=11
Yes, first, the preorder is a voucher for my shop, and the PCB will also ship, so the item will go out.
The problem these guys are facing is that PayPal is holding back money for security reasons. This happens when you suddenly get vast amounts of unusual money (their system automatically does that).
My guess is that Neo900 didn't get any huge PayPal payments so far - but my shop gets payments of about 20,000 - 30,000 EUR via PayPal per month, so it's nothing unusual.

I have to use Bank Transfer or "Lastschrift" via Klarna if this works (i think the last time the Amount of Money wasnt enough for klarna) as i cant remember my Paypal Passwort..

But you will get my money..

I would like to drive to Ingolstadt and pay whit Honey, but this would be ineconomic for booth side... (as long you dotnt sell Honey on your Shop)..

And its far away from my place..

Could someone tell me how the ICP2 figures in all of this please?  I haven't kept up with the news here.

I backed the ICP2, but when it all collapsed I did nothing, I didn't seek a refund or whatever the other options were, I didn't send any emails or anything.  I couldn't be bothered with the hassle for what I thought would be very little return.

Does this somehow get me something with the Pyra?  I intend to pre-order.

Thanks in advance.

Why is it a 'lot' more risk? Is something likely to stop the Pyra coming out?

Well, until the prototypes are up and confirmed to be running, there's a risk that something is wrong and needs more time to be fixed.
I hope nothing will prevent to stop the Pyra from coming out, but the risk certainly is lower when the prototypes are out, which means that all components (PCBs, keymat, case) are confirmed to be working.
I'm still confident then. I wish the preorders were starting now, I have places to be! XD

I didn't take the fact we follow daylights savings time in Ireland when working out utc....!

Could someone tell me how the ICP2 figures in all of this please?  I haven't kept up with the news here.

I backed the ICP2, but when it all collapsed I did nothing, I didn't seek a refund or whatever the other options were, I didn't send any emails or anything.  I couldn't be bothered with the hassle for what I thought would be very little return.

Does this somehow get me something with the Pyra?  I intend to pre-order.

Thanks in advance.

Link should have sent you an email about getting a partial refund in cash, or a bigger refund in a Pyra voucher. If you never replied, I would guess either option is still open, but you should contact Link for verification. I took the voucher, as I wanted a Pyra, plus I donated to the ICP 2 at a larger amount than most, so I have a decent sized voucher.

Once everything gets going, Link and ED will handle whatever vouchers need to be addressed. So first you should contact Link, and see what's available to you. Then if you can get the voucher, you can wait and use it for the normal preorders, or you can let ED know you have it, and use it now for the early preorder options.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the situation that I don't have the full 290eu right now to get in on ED's pre-preorder, but I *did* try to support the iCP2 and was a backer of it - so if there's some way I can get my iCP2 voucher applied to this so I can get in on the pre-preorder, I'd love to take advantage of that.  Link, can you fill us in - maybe Evildragon, you can confirm or deny, either way, that iCP2 victims will be taken over into the pre-preorder scheme?  If that's possible, let me know (maybe there's an "ICP2VICTIM" voucher code to be used somewhere?) and I'll be sure to take up the offer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I may not be reading this right, but if I am can someone with a better grasp of German get on there and explain that nothing is being produced in November (they aren't, are they ED?) and that the first 200 are a higher risk investment, and that there'll be another pre-order round after the prototype is shown fully working.

I may not be reading this right, but if I am can someone with a better grasp of German get on there and explain that nothing is being produced in November (they aren't, are they ED?) and that the first 200 are a higher risk investment, and that there'll be another pre-order round after the prototype is shown fully working.

The only thing that the article mentions being produced in November are the 1600€ prototypes, which is correct. 

Back