Twitterix - Plural Of "pandora"?

What is the plural of "Pandora"?

• Total voters

KodeIn said:
Don't the plural of Greek words is ending with "i"?
IE : sillabus -> sillabi

Syllabus is not greek, it's Latin. And, yes, SOME latin words pluralize with "i": like syllabus, campus, alumnus, but as you can see, all those end with "us". On the other hand Philosophia and vita, ending with "a", pluralize as Philosophiae and vitae. Thus the confusion of the people who suggested "Pandorae". Latin and Greek are both inflected languages with 5 and 3 different declensions respectively; so plurals vary.

Again, Pandora is not latin, dudes. And although I don't feel it HAS to be pluralized according to classic greek rules (Pandoras is perfect, for me)... if you want to go "classic style" Pandori is a blatant mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Pandora[]. std::vector<Pandora> would also be acceptable in my book.

Gerix said:
I like Pandora[]. std::vector<Pandora> would also be acceptable in my book.

What about a Tokenized string of Pandora[]?

-God Ginrai

Cuetzpalin said:
Syllabus is not greek, it's Latin. And, yes, SOME latin words pluralize with "i": like syllabus, campus, alumnus, but as you can see, all those end with "us". On the other hand Philosophia and vita, ending with "a", pluralize as Philosophiae and vitae. Thus the confusion of the people who suggested "Pandorae". Latin and Greek are both inflected languages with 5 and 3 different declensions respectively; so plurals vary.

Again, Pandora is not latin, dudes. And although I don't feel it HAS to be pluralized according to classic greek rules (Pandoras is perfect, for me)... if you want to go "classic style" Pandori is a blatant mistake.
You're right.
To defend myself, I never studied Latin neither ancient Greek at school. Learned how to mess with MS-DOS and BASIC instead :p

Maybe "Pandora" is already plural. In which case, wouldn't the singular be "Pandoro"?

Back