Release Twitter Update From Craig

I've noticed that no one seems to have commented on the transparent case pic that HaCo found, where the back battery terminal hole seems a little off center.
I assume that its being corrected , certainly on the final mould it will be.
Just anxious that it does not delay the project further.

Sometimes i think no news is good news, as they must be working hard behind the scenes....
but no news is also so painful too !

^ I don't think that's a drama, considering they've already shown videos of working prototypes running from the battery. ;) Even in one of the black FDM cases. I see what you mean in the photo though - seems like it might be because the case isn't fastened up with screws, so there's a gap there.

optional106 posted on May 23 2009 at 06:39 AM said:
I've noticed that no one seems to have commented on the transparent case pic that HaCo found, where the back battery terminal hole seems a little off center.
I assume that its being corrected , certainly on the final mould it will be.
Just anxious that it does not delay the project further.

Sometimes i think no news is good news, as they must be working hard behind the scenes....
but no news is also so painful too !
Even in one of the black FDM cases. I see what you mean in the photo though - seems like it might be because the case isn't fastened up with screws, so there's a gap there.
Like Gruso says I'm sure they'll sort any problems. If the battery doesn't fit the Pandora doesn't work :huh:

Don't forget that the circuit board and the hole for the contacts are separated by a few mm vertically [don't forget the SD slots take up room]. So unless you look directly over the hole the contacts and the hole will look off centre. The photo is aimed at the centre of the Pandora.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Edit: this link might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, it could well well be an optical illusion caused by parallax, and to be honest I really don't think its a problem anyway.
It can all be fixed, and i'm sure the Pandora Team are working hard to get everything sorted and on schedule.

Just waiting for the final announcement that the final moulds will be started to be made, as this is the last part of the waiting game puzzle.
After that, it's just the final testing, production, assembly and delivery, which I don't even mind waiting for and letting them do their work, as I'd rather they take their time for checking.

Its been a long year, and now we are at the final hurdle, with the finish line is in sight.... the tension is almost unbearable.
Hopefully not too long now !

optional106 posted on May 23 2009 at 05:21 PM said:
Its been a long year, and now we are at the final hurdle, with the finish line is in sight.... the tension is almost unbearable.
Hopefully not too long now !
+1 to that!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back