Tweaks

Pandora doesn't run X? Damn... I think I might have to cancel after all. :(

Everyone! Pandora doesn't run X!

I thought ED mentioned that sometime before - that SDL apps can kill X in order to take full control of the device (since IIRC apps ran a bit slower under X?). I don't see why this couldn't be disabled if this was the case. I could be totally wrong, though.

edit: according to ED's latest twitter I am wrong. :/

Well, unless you hack the Pandora to run X, but I don't know if it will work though.

Just finished some more bughunting in the current OS image today. Pretty much nailed down the "SDL Crashes X" - and similar bugs Nice :)

Guess we can always ask for previous version with the bug, let's start a poll to see who doesn't want X! :lol:

Na-Noo said:
Just finished some more bughunting in the current OS image today. Pretty much nailed down the "SDL Crashes X" - and similar bugs Nice :)

Guess we can always ask for previous version with the bug, let's start a poll to see who doesn't want X! :lol:
I believe that's fair. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ishimaru said:
Na-Noo said:

I believe that's fair. ^_^

Well, we just found out that it's the current omapfb driver that's causing the crash.
With normal fbdev, it works fine. fbdev doesn't offer hardware acceleration though. But you don't really notice that unless you want to watch movies which could alternatively be done with pmenu ;)
But at least you can be sure you can play all kinds of games until this is fixed :D

Last edited:
I will cancel my order if it doesn't run X! I mean good God, it will totally defeat the purpose of everything I need the Pandora doesn't run X! What good is Y, Z, and K without X... <waves arms around shouting in tongues>

</satire>

Elwing said:
what???? no pr0n?
We need a couple more Xs. Three Pandoras running side by side by side. Now THAT's pr0n!

Tensuke said:
You cannot handle the XXX windowing system.
From what I understand the resolution is and 3D detail is fantastic, but it keeps making you insert money every few seconds or the window closes.

mindlord said:
I will cancel my order if it doesn't run X! I mean good God, it will totally defeat the purpose of everything I need the Pandora doesn't run X! What good is Y, Z, and K without X... <waves arms around shouting in tongues>

</satire>
I thought the whole point of Y was to replace X?!
http://www.y-windows.org/

If it doesn't run X, does it at least run Wayland?

Note: To anyone reading this later, we are all obviously joking. X11 works fine.
X11 said:
I'm fine.

Back