Tv Out Rules!!

30S2-05400.jpg

Any place where I can buy one of those cheap?

Internet? Just an idea you know, not like anyone's ever heard of the internet. It's like an obscure thing that everyone overlooks. :lol:

Froogle, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does for me ;) mainly because I've got a fixed version. The reason why it was broken was because the menu cpu speed was too low. Thanks go to kounch for finding the problem.

Any place where I can buy one of those cheap?
Maplin stores (or their internet site www.maplin.co.uk) in the UK.

It does for me ;) mainly because I've got a fixed version. The reason why it was broken was because the menu cpu speed was too low. Thanks go to kounch for finding the problem.
Great - looking forward to your next release of DrMD !

Cool! Can;t wait to see this release. I have been yearning DrMD TV-Out. I heard someone got it working after finding the menu option to start the game...I haven't been so lucky!

I can't believe you guys still have TV's without S-Vid. I think the last TV I owned without it was in the late eighties. I haven't even seen a TV since then anywhere that didn't have it....even my super budget Sanyo here :)

Huh? :blink:

I bought a brand new Symphonic TV within the last year, and it doesn't have S-Video input.

The only recent TVs I've seen with S-Video input are expensive brands like RCA, Zenith, Sony, etc.

I can't believe you guys still have TV's without S-Vid. I think the last TV I owned without it was in the late eighties. I haven't even seen a TV since then anywhere that didn't have it....even my super budget Sanyo here :)

Huh? :blink:

I bought a brand new Symphonic TV within the last year, and it doesn't have S-Video input.

The only recent TVs I've seen with S-Video input are expensive brands like RCA, Zenith, Sony, etc.

Explaination to both parties:

HD is not as common in the USA than say Japan or UK...

Therefore S-Video isn't as widely used.

So... what does SVideo have to do with HD?
You can't even broadcast an HD signal via SVideo... you either need a digital signal or Component HD...

Hi everybody,

sorry to bother, but none of you guys, noticed that the tv-out resolution skips some lines?
I mean,while divx are ok, then if you display text, or play a shooter, does it appear regular?
I dunno if is a software related problem, but honestly even pcengine sucks this way... entire lines are missing and scrolling is inconsistent, like a brick wall!

Anyway colors are really cool thinking is "only" s-video...maybe is the low res, but with other consoles the only way to get a clear picture was rgb!

Good colors/bad res. scaling IMO ;)

sorry to bother, but none of you guys, noticed that the tv-out resolution skips some lines?
I mean,while divx are ok, then if you display text, or play a shooter, does it appear regular?

I saw your post the other day. I tried vobbo's latest Hu6280 last night, and there were no problems with the tv-out.

if you only got a black/white picture then you probably got the wrong adapter. what youve got is a VERY special purpose adapter that only converts the luma channel. s-video provides better picture because it seperates chroma (color) from luma (brightness). converting back to composite video just requires combining those two. ive seen adapters that split into two rca jacks, but never one that just spit out one of the two channels... freaky.

PS: old commodore monitors had seperate rca-style chroma and luma inputs. playing with just luma was boring, but just chroma rocked!

I saw your post the other day. I tried vobbo's latest Hu6280 last night, and there were no problems with the tv-out.

I think it's software related, try mame and you'll understand what I mean... (i.e. when loading the rom, not all writings are readable!).

Anyway, dunno if is the new res. option in gngeo, but now it displays better too, maybe someone else noticed that.

Good for Hu6280 and gngeo at least.

Back