My Tv Does Not Like The Gp2x: Is It Possible Or What ?

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I've tried connecting my MK1 2.1.1 GP2X to my LCD TV both with the short tv-out adapter and with my newly acquired cradle, but after pressing 'B' in the TV-OUT menu I keep getting the 'no signal' message displayed on my TV.

I've also tried with another GP2x (a 3.0 MK2) and to connect the consoles using a S-Video to composite video adapter with the same results...

I do no think that both GP2Xs are broken or that both the cable and the cradle are malfuctioning...

Am I doing something wrong ?

I'll try asap with another TV, but I'd like to know if something similar has happened to someone else.

Most likely an unsupported mode for your tv, it worked out of the box for me, using a s-video to composite adapter.

Maybe you just need to press some button on your remote? My LCD TV has a "source select" button, which you can use to toggle between avaliable inputs (scart, vga, composite...) I think most televisions will change automatically when a new device is plugged in, but this will not always happen... If unsure try unplugging everything else from your tv then trying.

clone said:
Maybe you just need to press some button on your remote? My LCD TV has a "source select" button, which you can use to toggle between avaliable inputs (scart, vga, composite...) I think most televisions will change automatically when a new device is plugged in, but this will not always happen... If unsure try unplugging everything else from your tv then trying.
Thanks for the help, but I've tried selecting every possible video source with non success...

I'm beginning to think that my TV does not like the GP2X video signal... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you try it on another TV?

If it works on the second TV, your first TV is broken/needs more setting up,

if it doesn't then your cradle/cable/GP2Xs are broken/need more setting up.

At least you will know where the problem lies, (unless both TVs are broken/need more setting up but that would just be plain unlucky).

my gp2x works fine on my panasonic 28" but not on my mates 24" goodmans - this is using an svideo to scart block.

I have had, and continue to have the same problem. My GP2X has never worked on ANY TV. Either the TV says "no signal" or it can't "put the image together"...it appears as a flipping, scrambled black and white image.

I wonder if it's the current? Maybe it isn't enough? I doubt that.

if you're doing anything with component, make sure that your tv can support 480i over component, some tvs will only do 480p and up on component and leave the standard def for the composite plugs. this is ntsc of course. if you're using s-video without an adapter then there should be no problems...try sending it into a vcr or something, or a different tv.

experiment in order to rule out variables...scientific method oh yes.

Back