Tv Out But No Sound

peelie

hi

has anyone used tv-out and found that there is no sound. i used the official tv_out cable.

of course the speakers on the video projector i was hooked up to could have been faulty, i had no way to check that.

cheers

Same here. I also have the official TV cable, but I don't get sound. I'm sure it's all connected properly, but I only get sound out of the speakers.

PS: Shouldn't the speakers mute when you use the external option?

chaozz said:
Same here. I also have the official TV cable, but I don't get sound. I'm sure it's all connected properly, but I only get sound out of the speakers.
PS: Shouldn't the speakers mute when you use the external option?
No, It´s a firmware bug. The GP2X Speakers (and the TV speakers....if we can make it work) should play together....A 4.0 surround system...isn´t it cute? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hm, i THINK it "works" with 2.0 here, not sure through as i usually connect the tv to the headphone port.

Make sure there is nothing in the headphone port and the audio plugs are connected properly.

Miika said:
Make sure there is nothing in the headphone port and the audio plugs are connected properly.

checked all that, checked my phono cables, no go.

i remember reading somewhere that in fact teh phono cables serve no purpose and you can only get s-video from that cable?

is this true?

if so have we not been duped?

peelie said:
Miika said:

i remember reading somewhere that in fact teh phono cables serve no purpose and you can only get s-video from that cable?

is this true?

No, that's false. Of course you _should_ get audio too. Maybe your tv-out cable is defective? Try it on another TV first.

Miika said:
peelie said:
Miika said:

is this true?

No, that's false. Of course you _should_ get audio too. Maybe your tv-out cable is defective? Try it on another TV first.

it must be the cable then i tired it on another tv.

peelie said:
Miika said:
peelie said:
Miika said:

is this true?

it must be the cable then i tired it on another tv.

As I stated before in another similar thread, you could buy an AUX cable, or not sure if it's called that, but that is a cable you can hook your headphone port to the tv and get audio via that, while disabling the GP2X built-in speakers. You can find those in most electronics stores.

Back