Release Trojita Email Client - Super Fast

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I just released this email client today on the repo and while it lacks tons of functions that ClawsMail has, it's very clean and practical to use on the Pandora screen:

It supports only IMAP but it's very fast and works just fine.

01.png

03.png

The only thing not working at the moment is the display of pictures in HTML emails, but I hope to be able to fix that soon enough.

In the meantime, please try it and let me know how it works for you !

Last edited by a moderator:
Website link on the repo leads to FileZilla web page.

Edit: It works nicely, it's really fast and simple. There seems to be little issues like not keeping the sort order if I set it to Descending - after switching folders it's reset to Ascending although the respective menu shows Descending. I have to click it again. Also, I couldn't find a way to display the message in separate window. But having the tray icon showing the number of unread messages is really neat.

Thanks for the port!

Edit2: OK, there is a View > Layout > One at a time. Now I must figure out how to navigate between folder list <> messages list <> message.

Runs very nice for me, too. Thank you very much!

Some things that make it (slightly) less then perfect for me:

- error message about disabling cache due to a missing SQL driver on startup (possibly a missing directory? my appdata is on an ext fs)

- the compose key (Shift-Enter) does not work

- AFAICT only a single IMAP/SMTP server supported

- AFAICT no nameless email sender accounts (should use email adress as key and not the name whixh should be optional; I don't use a name on my 'anonymous' account)

- Ctrl-Q does not close the application (can be changed in the configuration), the first menu is not named File (yes, the convention isn't perfect, but in this case there is no compelling reason to deviate from it, IMO)

- no keybindings for the network connection modes (offline, free/expensive connection) available

- (as mentioned above) sort order not preserved (should also work across restart)

- sometimes no display update when selecting a message or clicking a column header (seems random, couldn't find a recipe for reproduction, sorry)

- couldn't find a key binding to close the message viewer window (this required a reset because I started it from the mini menu and the window manager died in a double click accident and the pandora button funnily didn't work:)

edit: added not working compose key

cube48 and _jr_, thanks a lot for your detailed feedback !

By the way, just to confirm, you also do not get the pictures displaying in HTML messages, right ? 

- error message about disabling cache due to a missing SQL driver on startup (possibly a missing directory? my appdata is on an ext fs)
Could you give me the exact message you see?  

I do see images only in e-mails where the image is embedded directly in the e-mail body and not linked from http source. For http located images I see just placeholders with bluish questionmark icon.

Could you give me the exact message you see?
I can't semm to copy/paste it, but I attached a screenshot.130619-101929.png

This happens on startup and after saving the configuration and puts the program back into offline mode. It vanishes when I disable the offline cache (which is enabled by default). But otherwise it works fine and since it is so fast the missing cache isn't even that much of a poblem, even though being offline happens to me from time to time.

The issue with images in HTML emails is the same for me (but that doesn't bother me at all, since I'm normally using the text only display and it's mostly spam anyway).

I work around the 'only one server' issue by having several copies of the configuration file (and manually copying them until I'm annoyed enough to write a script).

Please consider me a very happy customer:)

I do see images only in e-mails where the image is embedded directly in the e-mail body and not linked from http source. For http located images I see just placeholders with bluish questionmark icon.
Same here. I need to clarify why this is happening...
That sounds like how I have my email client setup by design...  It may be worth checking the preferences to see if there's an option to load remote images.  It'll probably be in the security or privacy section.   (If that's the case it may also be possible to trigger it on a per message basis possibly from a context menu)

- Neelix

Same here. I need to clarify why this is happening...
That sounds like how I have my email client setup by design...  It may be worth checking the preferences to see if there's an option to load remote images.  It'll probably be in the security or privacy section.   (If that's the case it may also be possible to trigger it on a per message basis possibly from a context menu)

- Neelix
There is a load button inside the message itself, but it does not seem to work.

I retested with a payment confirmation email from paypal.de (Mystic Towers:) and appdata on an ext fs. The button is there and it causes the picture placeholders to temporarily disappear, but fails to display them and the placeholders reappear. I haven't checked whether it succeds in actually opening a connection to the server.

I just used Sylpheed the last days when I needed an imap client on my pandora. It works very well, but at start always a new message window pops up. I have no idea, why this happens, but beside this bug everything seems to work fine - including signing and encrypting messages. ;)

i try to compile the Git Version yet.
Maybe it finish to compile ;)

when that work then i will try to replace the old Files on from the Repo PND and post it here :)
Zwischenablage03.jpg

[doublepost=1486396990,1486394792][/doublepost]Update:
It break after 57% here
Zwischenablage03.jpg

Yep, what Ziz wrote.

Also, you may need to add
Code:
 -fno-single-precision-constant
to avoid some more error.

Back