Email clients making me sad... anyone solved issues?

Not sure that this is the only problem with the Lightning-PlugIn, because I tested it on an ext4 partition (Thunderbird PND) and it didn't work at all ... 
Uh, the Lightning plugin "work" for me on thunderbird pnd, (earlybird in fact), but I cannot create any event (on a Fat32 partition).
It has been a while since I last tried. I remember it behaved strangely on first start. I just tried again and it probably is more like what you have. I cannot import any calendars or edit the current one, all buttons are grayed out. But I have the .PND on a ext4 partition in ../pandora/apps/
Oh, so it's not just a mater of permission right on files :(

I was going to try the extends but the links to the Lenny Dev Extends are both 404. I set up PanDebian, and what it provides is cool, but it won't solve my current problem since all my searching around seems to confirm that no one has figured out how to get audio working with PanDebian. I guess I will just live with the compromise of Thunderbird with no audio and stick to using my Android devices as my main email device for a little longer until either a future update of Thunderibird gets audio or I get time to try porting IceDove or an html plugin for Claws.

Hmm that is too bad. How does the "choose a sound" option work for Thunderbird? Is it possible to choose a script instead of a sound file?

Also, sorry for the double post, but do add-ons work with Thunderbird at the moment? If so, the following would allow you to run a system command of your choice; including mplayer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/mailbox-alert/
\o/ Victory dance! Edgex004 is like my guardian angel of Pandora use, swooping in all the time to help me out, even before I had one. :)

That addon is exactly what I needed. I tried searching for an addon that would let me run scripts the way Claws and Sylpheed do, but I must have used all the wrong search terms since I missed this. Thanks!

It didn't work with just a command the way I would run it from command line, so I made a bash script to mplayer my Mario Coin sound and the told the extension to run that script when new mail hits the Inbox. The cool thing is that you can set triggers on other folders individually.

This is great because I can use PanDebian only when I need to rather than leaving it running all the time.

Thanks again.

Back