Transfers... Tranzfers..

Maybe Craig and co haven't responded yet because, er, they're busy building Pandoras?

Check my post at the bottom of page 23.

you mean this quote from OP

"we assure you that EVERYBODY WHO ORDERED AND PAID will get a Pandora, even if you didn't get the chance to reorder yet!"

and then you said they cant just lie can they!

well they told me Id be able to order by CC.... they couldnt just lie about that could they? well turns out yes because they cant see the future it wasnt true! just because they say it doesnt mean there arent outside issues which could affect things

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but the main problem at the moment (well apart from Craig not appearing to silence some worry's) is everybody winding each other up, those that have either paid and are assured of their Pandora trying to appease/talk sense to those who legitimately have concerns over ordering via unprotected means of ordering, and those with those feelings fighting those that see no harm in not ordering via CC (which cannot at the moment be done anymore anyways).

It's been stated that there is no financial problem, that there is in place both parts (once the case is finalized) and money to satisfy those orders which have been remade, and that those that cannot or will not order via wire transfer can reorder once those initial units are sold and then they can reorder via credit card.

I really cannot see why everybody has to turn on each other, this project is so near the end, and the people tearing strips off each other will soon be part of the GP32/GP2x/Pandora community and will have to hopefully get on, please let it not be that this new chapter in this long standing community will start with such bitterness between people that should be friends...

Just please let each side see each others point of view, nobody's gonna change anyone point of view (except for those whose point of view needs changing, those calling scam, tut tut), so why argue :(

Peace, every birth is accompanied by pain.

G189 said:
Maybe Craig and co haven't responded yet because, er, they're busy building Pandoras?
how can they be building them when there are no cases yet?
Im sure they could still take 3 minutes to quickly sort what is quickly creating masses of negative feeling towards their company from people THEY want to be their customers.

yaKC said:
Just please let each side see each others point of view, nobody's gonna change anyone point of view (except for those whose point of view needs changing, those calling scam, tut tut), so why argue :(
Exactly. There's no point in further conspiracy theory-related debate. If anyone has any questions, please ask them (nicely), and then someone can answer (nicely). If you have any problems with the way this is being handled, call up OpenPandora and talk to them, and not us. We really don't have any control over the situation.

stustaff said:
G189 said:
Im sure they could still take 3 minutes to quickly sort what is quickly creating masses of negative feeling towards their company from people THEY want to be their customers.

You really think with all those moaners and whiners here, that try to read the apocalypse between each line the team writes and compare every sentence with any post they made in the last 18 months, a satisfying reply can be made in 3 minutes? They have to make decisions, that is obvious and those decisions must be wise.

There IS a difference between those who pay with bank transfers and those who pay with cc. those who pay with bank transfers invest their money in the pandora production. Those who want to pay with cc want to invest the money of their credit card institute in the pandora production, but that is not allowed. That's my personal understanding and it doesn't really matter to me if they currently have the money to produce all 4k pandoras originally preordered in a raw or if they have to make smaller batches to build up stocks that can then be bought by everyone. BUT it's only fair if those who invested their own money in first place get their pandora's first. It's also fair, if those who preordered the pandora with a credit card will get the chance to reorder before the 2. batch for the same amount of money they got refunded, based on small stocks that can easily be delivered in 1 month.

Gift certificates may be a way for those who want to invest their own money but can't pay with bank transfers to preorder a pandora. But yes, this system doesn't protect you from OP getting bankrupt.

conso said:
stustaff said:
G189 said:

You really think with all those moaners and whiners here, that try to read the apocalypse between each line the team writes and compare every sentence with any post they made in the last 18 months, a satisfying reply can be made in 3 minutes? They have to make decisions, that is obvious and those decisions must be wise.

There IS a difference between those who pay with bank transfers and those who pay with cc. those who pay with bank transfers invest their money in the pandora production. Those who want to pay with cc want to invest the money of their credit card institute in the pandora production, but that is not allowed. That's my personal understanding and it doesn't really matter to me if they currently have the money to produce all 4k pandoras originally preordered in a raw or if they have to make smaller batches to build up stocks that can then be bought by everyone. BUT it's only fair if those who invested their own money in first place get their pandora's first. It's also fair, if those who preordered the pandora with a credit card will get the chance to reorder before the 2. batch for the same amount of money they got refunded, based on small stocks that can easily be delivered in 1 month.

Gift certificates may be a way for those who want to invest their own money but can't pay with bank transfers to preorder a pandora. But yes, this system doesn't protect you from OP getting bankrupt.

When you say we aren't allowed to pay by CC is that ignoring those in the US who have just done that via google checkout??
and where do you get off telling people who use CC whose money it is? seeing as for me at least your wrong its my money I am sending via CC, I wanted to pay by CC so I could protect my money! I pay off my CC each month so it was my money that was 'invested' and that I still want to 'invest' and thats where your wrong again.

Investing and buying are two different things, we are trying to buy a pandora and that is what we will do if we can get payment through to them in a way we are happy too. if you look nowhere have OP said we arent buying a product! nowhere have they said we are investing in them!

Investing in something means seeing a return in what you invest and understanding that you may not see any return on that investment not receiving a product for a set price which is what we all did and were told we were doing.

We are not investing in the company! we are buying a product.

I said that's the way I see it and what I think would be fair.
You don't have to agree with me on that.

But it tells a lot you didn't reply on the first part of my message. :p

conso said:

Its no so much that I dont agree with you its that your wrong! you dont understand teh difference between buying and investing... I notice you ignored the difference between what investing is AND what I said about your blanket incorrect assumption about how I/we are using our CC and Conso I did reply to the first part! to YOU 2 pages ago in an example that took me all of 30 seconds! remember? here it is again for you.

stustaff said:
conso said:
Isn't it obvious? He's waiting for good news about production before he will answer here. I'd do the same if good news are in reach.
obvious? youd do the same...personally I think waiting and saying nothing after dropping a bombshell like this seems the worst possible course of action.

I think it would make more sense to post a statement of intent something along the lines of.

'We are struggling to find a way to get CC payments accepted, we will continue looking. However this may mean that those who pay by BT jump ahead of those unable to pay so far by CC. Those who reserved by CC are still guarenteed their pandora however if we cant get the money it may mean more of a delay than if your willing to pay by bank transfer! for details of how to pay by BT go here (link).
The current progress situation in terms of manafacture is - BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Thankyou for your patiece and once again we apologise for these problems we are doing our best to make everyone happy and to get the first pandoras shipped.'

Y'know, all of this biatching is convincing me to just send a bank transfer right now.

I haven't up until now because I'm just very patient and if I could save a few bucks on the transfer by waiting, I would. But these hysterics are driving me to just get it over with and add one to the solid pre-order pile for the crew.

conso said:

I haven't commented on this, yet, & I've heard a lot of investing in Pandora talk going around. Has anyone here ever been an investor? I work in marketing, & I deal with investors on a daily basis. When you invest in a company, idea, organization, etc, you're given clear dates for a return on investment. You're required to make deadlined responses. You make scheduled progress reports that you don't miss...ever. When there is silence, or missed deadlines, or too many unforseen hurdles, investors go nuts. We are always worried about investors "backing out'. They don't send you 25 post complaints. They send you 25 page ultimatums. That's investors. We're consumers, & they should be so lucky.

conso said:
Ed's store would have to go bankrupt, not Pandora.

this is ridiculous & its going nowhere. It's turning into a roundabout flame-fest. People are just making shit up left & right & posting without having read all the facts. No wonder there hasn't been a statement made, they're tired of pointing out the obvious & re-stating what has already been said just because some of us can't be asked to read a little. I understand the need for venting, but all this thread is doing (as stated before) is getting everyone wound up.

Craig posted this thread for suggestions on what to do & it has just turned into an unproductive bitch-fest. I understand that people are worried, but patience is a virtue & i'm sure something will get worked out.

on that note, I don't believe there is a law against holding name/address information, so a good solution would be to hold onto the name, address & que # of all those who have not been able to re-order thus far & just wait till 30 days before shipping to re-open the re-orders by cc. This seems like the only viable option left & i don't see what the problem would be with that other than people being impatient & bitching about how it's 'not fair' or similar bull. This way there is no sketchy-ness that the bank would latch onto & those who were in the original pre-order still get their pandoras & keep their que.

personally i could care less about the que at this point as long as i get mine, but i kno a lot of people will whine about it if they don't get theirs a day before ten other people.

I move that a summation statement be made up to this point and the thread be closed until an official announcement can be made to stop the whining & inquisitions. This thread got out of hand 15 pages ago...

stustaff said:
conso said:

Conso I did reply to the first part! to YOU 2 pages ago in an example that took me all of 30 seconds! remember? here it is again for you

stustaff said:
conso said:
Isn't it obvious? He's waiting for good news about production before he will answer here. I'd do the same if good news are in reach.
obvious? youd do the same...personally I think waiting and saying nothing after dropping a bombshell like this seems the worst possible course of action.

I think it would make more sense to post a statement of intent something along the lines of.

'We are struggling to find a way to get CC payments accepted, we will continue looking. However this may mean that those who pay by BT jump ahead of those unable to pay so far by CC. Those who reserved by CC are still guarenteed their pandora however if we cant get the money it may mean more of a delay than if your willing to pay by bank transfer! for details of how to pay by BT go here (link).
The current progress situation in terms of manafacture is - BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Thankyou for your patiece and once again we apologise for these problems we are doing our best to make everyone happy and to get the first pandoras shipped.'

Ah, true. All they have to do is pampering your ass. That should be possible in 3 secs.

Damn, it's sunday and I'm sure you want a realistic answer he assured with his bank, team-members and maybe even lawyers. Only thing really fatal at the moment would be him giving an answer he has to take back next week.

conso said:
stustaff said:
G189 said:

I just want to point out that your distinction re: cc vs funds transfer is not accurate. I may use my CC (which you see as using someone else's money), but I NEVER carry a balance month to month. That is, I pay if off every month. Quite simply, I am using my money but affording myself the benefit of CC protections in doing so. So, I am no less invested than you are. Real cash came from my pocket.

conso said:
Ah, true. All they have to do is pampering your ass. That should be possible in 3 secs.

Damn, it's sunday and I'm sure you want a realistic answer he assured with his bank, team-members and maybe even lawyers. Only thing really fatal at the moment would be him giving an answer he has to take back next week.

Its not about pampering! its about releasing a communication to the people who you want money from!
I didnt put any detailed stuff in there because I guess they dont know what they are going to do yet, but a communication like the one I posted would certainly of reduced peoples worries and teh post in this thread!

Oh its sunday... I didnt realise OP and Craig only found out about this just now! I thought they had known for weeks about their problems in accepting CC orders and had weeks to decide what to do about it and have discussions with their bank... but I guess if they only just found out moments ago then of course they dont have time to have sorted anything or make a proper communication about now not being able to take anymore CC payments.

Hotcooler said:
calzone And That's why you all missing the point and this thread need to be closed.
Just out of curiosity, if you don't like the content of this thread, why do you keep reading it?

stustaff said:
conso said:

Its not about pampering! its about releasing a communication to the people who you want money from!
I didnt put any detailed stuff in there because I guess they dont know what they are going to do yet, but a communication like the one I posted would certainly of reduced peoples worries and teh post in this thread!

Oh its sunday... I didnt realise OP and Craig only found out about this just now! I thought they had known for weeks about their problems in accepting CC orders and had weeks to decide what to do about it and have discussions with their bank... but I guess if they only just found out moments ago then of course they dont have time to have sorted anything or make a proper communication about now not being able to take anymore CC payments.

It's quite clear they can't take CC pre-orders the way they take bank-transfers. And it's clear it will be possible to buy the Pandora with CC in the near future. Unclear is if cc-preorderers will keep their position in the que, if they will get the pandora for the amount of money they got refunded (probably) and if they would get the difference between the money they spend and got refunded if they don't want te reorder anymore (probably not, but I'm not a lawyer).

Back