Tower Defence 2x

Jontte

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
td2x.png

Hello,

I'm a beginner to C++, but I managed to write a nice Tower Defence clone for Gp2x.
Download (tar.gz)
Download (zip)
The files contain executables for Linux, Windows and Gp2x.

Some features:

-Fully customisable levels, turrets, enemies...
-Cool sidebar drawn by teh greatestsz Atte Virtanen

Controls:

Y / Enter - Next round
A / Middle mouse button- Select best turret available
B / Left mouse button- Place / Select turret
X / Right mouse button - Cancel
R / Spacebar- Hide/Show sidebar
Vol+- / Mousewheel - Cycle through turrets

Creating levels is easy, and the default level has lots of commented lines to help you getting started. It currently has only 1 level (I'm lazy!), so if you like this game and have created some levels, you can send some to my email, which is joonas[at]sipuli[dot]net, and I'll add them to the official tar. :)

Thanks to GameDev.net for the tileset in the default level!

Waiting for your suggestions, bug reports and comments! :)

Joonas Haapala

are you sure your a begginer to c++. This is a damn fine game

Edit: forgot to say anything helpful... The only thing i can think of is that this needs more levels and more weapons. With some easy addons this could be an awesome game

Hey there, is it uploaded to the archive yet? If not you should try uploading it....I would like to see what it looks like too and everything...

Thanks for the comments! :)

I am aware of the 'lag' :/, and I'm not 100% sure how to worky with the audio functions in SDL :p I'll try something...

It won't let me register to the file archive -.-
Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i586-linux-thread-multi/Socket.pm line 373.
I will make more levels for the next version, if I have time. (Going to Thailand for a week on Saturday)

AcidiC posted on Feb 14 2007 at 09:51 PM said:
Looks great! Will try it out soon.
I hope this doesn't discourage Alex as his looks great; and different types of tower defense add challenge :)
(to anyone whom it may concern: I'm very sorry :lol: )
tEh w00t0xrs !one.eleven1iThiS Gonnotherz r0xt[o0]rs.s teh big onez off the muthafuckan -<ccchchchhcainZ>-!!!! HoMEBReW
warzznsazaz! :ph34r: Why can't they just work together? Alex can do the sound and fix it up, that would be tight I don't want any conflict that can be avoided.. (see: main-stream gaming scene [not interested], warez gaming scene[not interested, etc. :unsure: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex's seems nice but I prefer self writing my own games thanks :lol:
I saw his work after I released mine and I'm not competing against him or anything :)

purple_goat posted on Feb 14 2007 at 10:03 PM said:
AcidiC posted on Feb 14 2007 at 09:51 PM said:
Looks great! Will try it out soon.
I hope this doesn't discourage Alex as his looks great; and different types of tower defense add challenge :)
(to anyone whom it may concern: I'm very sorry :lol: )
tEh w00t0xrs !one.eleven1iThiS Gonnotherz r0xt[o0]rs.s teh big onez off the muthafuckan -<ccchchchhcainZ>-!!!! HoMEBReW
warzznsazaz! :ph34r: Why can't they just work together? Alex can do the sound and fix it up, that would be tight I don't want any conflict that can be avoided.. (see: main-stream gaming scene [not interested], warez gaming scene[not interested, etc. :unsure: )
o....k....

Well, good job on the release, unfortunately I cannot properly extract tar.gz files, could anyone upload a .zip somewhere? Thanks!

I have a feeling though that the two games will be distinct enough to coexist nicely :) They will have a different feel, mine will be abstarct while yours with traditional graphic sprites. Also all the action on mine will take place on the screen, no scrolling, and from the looks of the screenshot yours has scrolling.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Feb 15 2007 at 12:37 PM said:
Well, good job on the release, unfortunately I cannot properly extract tar.gz files, could anyone upload a .zip somewhere? Thanks!

I have a feeling though that the two games will be distinct enough to coexist nicely :) They will have a different feel, mine will be abstarct while yours with traditional graphic sprites. Also all the action on mine will take place on the screen, no scrolling, and from the looks of the screenshot yours has scrolling.

- Alex

7-zip! it's magical...

Awesome, this rocks!
Maybe some could make a map like this one: http://forum.alcoholreport.com/towers2.html ?

And, I also noticed that the speed is very variable. Especially when having many towers shooting at the same time.
- So maybe a framelimiter would do the trick, and maybe even implementing frameskipping? Optimizing the code? I dunno.. I can't code :p

Keep up the good work, this is brilliant! :)

Thanks for the comments again :)

Alex: I added a zip file for you, see the first post

I am trying to optimize the code, but school is taking all my time (8 hours every day! :angry:)
I will add more levels too...

Back