Touchscreen Calibration Issue

socket

Very Active Member
I originally had ok luck with the touchscreen... except the mouse pointer would often jump to the top right corner of the screen. It progressively seemed to get worse eventually rendering the touchscreen too unreliable to use. I looked closely at the bezel at the top corner and noticed a small "pinch" look to the top edge of screen (in light reflection) and simply pulled up at the bezel slightly with my fingernail to maybe release pressure that was causing the false click. It seemed to work... However, now over the past 2 days, calibration has been drifting to the left and I am no longer able to pass calibration.

Here's a (unlisted) video:
Any ideas would be much appreciated. Love playing with the device so far otherwise! Fortunately the nubs work very well!

Hmm, does look like it's pinching the screen. You should be able to unscrew the two screws on the lid inner then pop it out and even wriggle it completely out of the hinge if you need to. If that fixes the problem then that's your issue. Personally I wouldn't even power down the system to pop the lid out, but maybe I'm more adventurous than most.

Last edited:
Yeah, seemed mostly better to me. I couldn't tell how far you've disassembled the lid inner from that point of view, but if it's pinching somewhere you can see you can always file it back.

Reactions: rSl
I would be a little cautious about filing anything unless it's clear where the pressure is, as shifting the pressure elsewhere could cause other issues.

I'm sure I remember ED saying that he cracked a couple of screens at first by overtightening the screws, and filing might cause additional buckling to the screen when the pressure is reapplied.

Hopefully it is a relatively simple fix, and I'm probably being a little pessimistic (I'd just hate to see your unit become worse).

Good luck!

Yeah, at that spot plastic is being injected (did I mention already that FA made some bad choices for the injection points?)
We're filing the area down already and I'm now doing it more thoroughly...
I can make a video how to best open and close the screen lid.

However, DRIFTING shouldn't have anything to with it. If the screen it touched there, the pointer will jump there. Drifting is usually the nubs.
Have you upgraded your OS with apt update && apt upgrade already?

Because the deadzone for the nubs wasn't properly big enough in the flashed OS version, updating the OS should fix that :)

I wonder how configurable the dead zone is? It might be something you can configure yourself if you need to, but since I don't have my own pyra yet, it's hard for me to check.

You can, it's just a config file.
It's /etc/pyrainput.cfg, mouse.deadzone

You can increase the deadzone and see where yours works properly.
Restart the input daemon afterwards with systemctl restart pyrainput

I don't want to open an entire new topic for this, and it does relate to the touchscreen. What's everyone doing in the way of screen protection?

I don't want to open an entire new topic for this, and it does relate to the touchscreen. What's everyone doing in the way of screen protection?
usually my method of protecting the screen is not using the touchscreen at all, but likely there a slew of touchscreen protectors on the market.

Last edited:
Back