Screwy To No Touchscreen With 4.0.2 & 4.1.0

AndrewB

Still Fresh
Tried these new firmwares today. Biggest problem I had was with the touchscreen. Here's what I found.

With 4.0.2, or what is supposed to be 4.0.2 since after installation it was showing 4.0.1 in the info screen, the touchscreen was sporatic at best. The point calibration screen worked but the pointer screen after it was dead. In programs the touchscreen pointer barely worked with touches to the screen sending the pointer to sporatic points on the screen.

With 4.1.0 I got nothing. The point calibration screen did not work at all and in programs the pointer was non responsive.

I had to go back to 4.0.0 and everything is back to working beautifully. Got to wonder if some of us might have been caught with some poor choice of touchscreen hardware in the first units :-(

Yep, it's been widely reported in the last week. There are several threads. ;)

It seems more than one person bricked their unit with a subsequent firmware flash. Glad to hear you got out of it unscathed.

DarkScale said:
Is this only with the new hardware changed, new screen, versions?
Does anyone know if the old F200s can be upgraded safely?
Yes, the old F-200s can be upgraded safely, but the touchscreen support for the homebrew games and apps will break, as the new firmware screws up the touchscreen code. :( So maybe until a solution is found, best to stick with FW 4.0.0.

Check this thread for more info: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=42160

Last edited by a moderator:
Back