Touch Screen Issue

Do you have a cheap chinese AC adaptor connected or the official ones?

The cheap ones temporalily kill the touchscreen (only while they're connected).

No, its the official charger

actually, I dont have anything connected to it at all

its a fresh install, btw. Literally no software except what comes on it.

(1ghz unit)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, this is a new unit. I just opened it (christmas) and it worked for an hour or so, then I go upstairs and it stops.

Actually, tbh, I cant say that I really tested it, but I'm pretty sure it worked

There's a few places that clip-in around the LCD.  Can you notice anywhere directly above the LCD, or along the top that may have snapped out of place?  Even next to the speaker housing?   Dust or anything between the bottom of the screen and the casing? 

There's a few places that clip-in around the LCD.  Can you notice anywhere directly above the LCD, or along the top that may have snapped out of place?  Even next to the speaker housing?   Dust or anything between the bottom of the screen and the casing? 
It doesnt appear so (i pushed in all around) but then again I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for

Also, the left nub stopped working and now I cant open the Nub Configurator

And my mouse > 2.0 hub > Pandora isnt doing anything

Um, I don't think it's broken just yet.  Let's figure out the touchscreen.  I'd abandon using the mouse and hub until the other inputs are working.  You can use the Pandora button and DPad to navigate the Start menu to reset the nubs.  Use the enter key to get into the nub configurator.

i just pulled out the battery to reset the nubs. They work now.

Is there a list of troubleshooting tasks for a non-functional touch screen?

I tried pushing in the clips again, but nothing "popped"

I think they're all in correctly. Is there anything else I can try?

its strange. Some areas of the screen are "rough" almost. Its like, when you run the stylus over it you get to these points where it makes a different noise and the friction level is significantly increased. Is it possble that little bits of dust or something elst got in there?

OK, before sending it in.  It looks like the notch above the LCD at 12 O clock and the one at 10:30 (upper left) aren't clipped into the plastic piece on the back casing part behind the LCD.  Anyone else notice this in the video?  It looks like the screen isn't clipped in all the way.  This is a delicate area as when applying pressure to those two points, you don't want to crack the LCD instead.

I'm really sorry about this, as I test all the units before they leave.  I haven't done super crazy testing on the LCDs but maybe I need to as you are not the only one who's run into this issue recently it seems.

Back