To-Do List?

calc84maniac

Some important things are missing from the to-do list, like the chargers and CDs which will come with the Pandora. Is there actually work being done on these already, or does this have potential to add - dare I say - Two Weeks[sup]TM[/sup] to the production time?

calc84maniac said:
Some important things are missing from the to-do list, like the chargers and CDs which will come with the Pandora. Is there actually work being done on these already, or does this have potential to add - dare I say - Two Weeks[sup]TM[/sup] to the production time?

your answers in order.

you may wish to search on the charger issues before you are called a n00b.

On the cd front, i would expect that the cd would be pointless since i would expect software to be updated between the time the first one lands in a devs hands and the final of the first 4k is turned out).

Last edited by a moderator:
calc84maniac said:
This is how it always goes. They give us a list of the things they are CURRENTLY working on, and CURRENTLY worried about. Everything else is just a detail.
Of course, eventually those details will get added to the real list and the time estimates will be recalibrated to just over two months.
They will be disappointed at our lack of enthusiasm about the progress they've made and their new time estimate.

It's a pretty common time-estimation failure to classify things as "easy" and figure you can not include them in your time estimate.

mosschops said:
calc84maniac said:

your answers in order.

On the cd front, i would expect that the cd would be pointless since i would expect software to be updated between the time the first one lands in a devs hands and the final of the first 4k is turned out).
Yeah, I read the charger threads a while back. Nowhere did I see that the team had even decided on which one to use, much less ordering them.
And I have no idea what the point of the CD is - I just know that they're sending one.

calc84maniac said:
mosschops said:
calc84maniac said:

your answers in order.

Yeah, I read the charger threads a while back. Nowhere did I see that the team had even decided on which one to use, much less ordering them.
And I have no idea what the point of the CD is - I just know that they're sending one.

if you couldnt find the answer then there isnt one!

And sadly VRAndy is correct in his diagnosis and prediction. Although i do assume that 4000 chargers that would work on a PSP should be easier to come across than a custom case/keyboard or silk screening on said case etc.

mosschops said:
calc84maniac said:
mosschops said:
calc84maniac said:

your answers in order.

if you couldnt find the answer then there isnt one!

And sadly VRAndy is correct in his diagnosis and prediction. Although i do assume that 4000 chargers that would work on a PSP should be easier to come across than a custom case/keyboard or silk screening on said case etc.
The fact that there wasn't an answer is pretty much why I'm asking in the first place. :p

[/quote]
The fact that there wasn't an answer is pretty much why I'm asking in the first place. :p
[/quote]

im not being arsey or anything, but at this stage and with so many straws left to clutch at, with the restless natives starting the fire for the pot and the onlookers starting to chant don't you think that something as trifling as a charger would have been shouted from the top of the church spire?

that sounds all shades of odd. if there was news it would be all over the show, so there is no news and we can take VRAndy's words and cogitate upon them.

calc84maniac said:
The CD will probably contain the manual, as it's cheaper to create a PDF than get four thousand paper manuals printed. Maybe software as well, although that hasn't been mentioned.

puppydee said:
Have all the tv-out cables been done yet? I've seen the few test ones but have the others been done yet?
Yes and ...yes. Last we heard from them, they were in a Chinese warehouse waiting in anticipation.

Ahm... Now I'm lost
The TV cable is included??

What exactly is included when you purchase a Pandora? Oo I thought the TV-out Cable would be an optional (paid for) acessory...

Near-kun said:
Ahm... Now I'm lost
The TV cable is included??

What exactly is included when you purchase a Pandora? Oo I thought the TV-out Cable would be an optional (paid for) acessory...
You get it if you ordered it. I just said that it has been made already. It's only included if you ordered a cable.

I'm so very confused why people respond to threads to essentially say they don't know the answer to the question, or to say the question hasn't been answered yet.

Steve

Near-kun said:
What exactly is included when you purchase a Pandora?

The original order page:

manualorder.jpg

Manual and CD are listed as two separate items.

(I have no idea of such things but..)

A manual need only be a 1 page "how to turn it on and charge it", to qualify; rememebr what you got with your gp2x's etc :) Still, EDs pretty handy so I bet theres a few pages in the line.

Charger wise .. I dont' recall and haven't checked lately, but it was proposed ages ago that the port woudl be same as a PSP port pretty much; so getting charges shouldn't be that difficult..

jeff

skeezix said:
(I have no idea of such things but..)

A manual need only be a 1 page "how to turn it on and charge it", to qualify; rememebr what you got with your gp2x's etc :) Still, EDs pretty handy so I bet theres a few pages in the line.

Charger wise .. I dont' recall and haven't checked lately, but it was proposed ages ago that the port woudl be same as a PSP port pretty much; so getting charges shouldn't be that difficult..

jeff
Difficult? Probably not. Time-consuming? Quite possibly. :p

This is the most recent post I know of regarding AC adaptors: http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__757820

Drowned out by a bunch of bullshit about "batch" and "Bach" :p Anyway, it seemed a straight forward enough answer and I do hope it's the final one. I also hope that procuring several thousand units is as easy as ED makes it sound. But they make millions of them for Sony, so Pandora's needs are chicken feed really.

Back