Tilematch

miq01

Website
Visit site
Hi. I have released my first version of Tilematch for GP2X, a game based on Nintendo DS' Zoo Keeper.

tilematch_X00_thumb.png

You can download it from here.

To run, unzip it wherever you want inside your SD card. It needs SDL libs to run.

There is an English option.
In the menu, go to the 4th option (Llengua). Then the last of the 3 (Angles). You now have english. :)

Also, very fun game! Addiciting. XD

garengarch posted on Dec 1 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
thanks mg
sigh, colour-me-stupid
I forgot to set english as the default language... :) Anyway, I'll leave next versions in catalan as the default language since it's not difficult to figure out how to change it and it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Also, I'll add a note in the README files telling how to change it, just in case...

That's right. Go into "Llengua", and then to the third option. Next time you start it will be in english.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freezes on exit :(

And it seems like you have to seperatly move the stick in the direction for every step you want to move, which makes the game even harder than it already is :(

Otherwise really nice game, which good graphics, too.

Julius posted on Dec 2 2005 at 12:13 AM said:
Freezes on exit :(

And it seems like you have to seperatly move the stick in the direction for every step you want to move, which makes the game even harder than it already is :(

Otherwise really nice game, which good graphics, too.

Read the README.ENG.txt. Even though my english is not good enough, it says that it freezes.

About the stick stuff, you're right. I'll solve it in a few days.

miq01 posted on Dec 1 2005 at 10:32 PM said:
Read the README.ENG.txt. Even though my english is not good enough, it says that it freezes.

About the stick stuff, you're right. I'll solve it in a few days.

Naaa, 'readme's are for sissys :p

But I'm glad you are fixing the stick issue.

Next versions will solve the stick thing and hi-score saving and lists. By the way, my intention was to release it with sound, but I don't know how to link SDL_mixer (using XP+DevKit+gp2xlibs). I'm following Guyfawkes' instructions from the user manual, but as I mentioned in another post several times all I get are lots of "undefined references". Any way to solve it? Or any workaround? I've checked (but not tried) SDL audio calls but they seem to be too simple... :(

If you want to prevent it from crashing (I assume it doesn't go back to the menu), create a shell script that launches the game then launches the menu.

RiX0R posted on Dec 2 2005 at 04:02 PM said:
If you want to prevent it from crashing (I assume it doesn't go back to the menu), create a shell script that launches the game then launches the menu.
Thank you. But how? I read somewhere how to do it but it doesn't work. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong... Or maybe it is crashing, but it shouldn't because I've tested it on Linux and XP and it doesn't.

Julius posted on Dec 2 2005 at 05:48 PM said:
Did you have a look at the Quake1 launch script? That one seems to work.

Not much. I'll try it, thanks. If anyone wants to try and it works, please send it to me so that I can include it in the next release.

Back