This Looks Interesting

I said a while ago in a thread or 2, I can't release any previews until we're much further along, since we're in negotiations with a publisher. I may as well take the little ad out of my sig since people keep expecting us to rush out a sale-worthy game in no time flat :)

Ah, I have a message as to what's going on with the handheld and the clone. The guy is Dutch, so give his english a little bit of a break, OK?

Dragonforce-Europe posted on Oct 1 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
Gusbucket13 posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Sep 28 2006 at 06:07 AM said:
@DFE: Apparently whatever manufacturer you found is trying to sell some type of the kid's version on Chinavasion:

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.ph...xel-sdmmc-card/

It doesn't look like it has all your features, but there it is.
Humm - it seems to have exactly the same specs when you read more thoroughly and at only £40 each - whats going on? even the color schemes are the same?
blush.gif
goodday.

We have been working on this for a half year now. and when we contacted chinese companys (because they create very cheap) most of them liked it. and we explained what it could do. But as a starting company. you dont think it is required to actually patent your product, because patenting is very expensive. but and now its all over china as we speak. sure you have some specs that look like it. but ours is more advanced. and after this has been released and a new project comes out. The first thing we do is patent it (costs a hell lot of money to do so, but it should be worth it then).

Everyone makes mistakes in their past and its from those mistakes that we learn. No use crying over it.

So yeah, this company is very, very start-up. At least let them prove themselves though.

Last edited by a moderator:
jmetal88 posted on Oct 1 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
So yeah, this company is very, very start-up. At least let them prove themselves though.

I hope they do at least one revision, put a decent sized screen in it for gods sake. 2.5"? bah!

Dragonforce-Europe posted on Oct 1 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
*snip*... and when we contacted chinese companys (because they create very cheap) most of them liked it. and we explained what it could do. But as a starting company. you dont think it is required to actually patent your product, because patenting is very expensive. but and now its all over china as we speak. sure you have some specs that look like it. but ours is more advanced. and after this has been released and a new project comes out. The first thing we do is patent it (costs a hell lot of money to do so, but it should be worth it then).

Everyone makes mistakes in their past and its from those mistakes that we learn. No use crying over it.
hahahaha... maybe they should contact Geoff. I am sure he will solve their problems and sue `em all! :rolleyes:
Well actually they have the right attitude about it. They say they did a mistake by now patenting it, and their should be whining about it. Also they didn`t have any real damage done, if the original hardware really holds what they promise... We will see.

DaveC posted on Oct 1 2006 at 06:17 PM said:

I hope they do at least one revision, put a decent sized screen in it for gods sake. 2.5"? bah!

The next one's supposed to have a 3.6" screen and a 400mhz processor. That enough for you Dave? :p

It's TOO much for him. That extra .1 inch will make all the emulators basically unplayable due to the intense stretching, which makes the game blurry. Or they can letterboxed, which is also unacceptable because the huge black borders completely ruin the emulation experience.

;)

jmetal88 posted on Oct 1 2006 at 06:33 PM said:

The next one's supposed to have a 3.6" screen and a 400mhz processor. That enough for you Dave? :p
Is that a joke, because I think the current specs are just fine, the ipod video has a 2.5 inch screen you know. Plus at about 90 euros, you can't beat the price! :D

jmetal88 posted on Oct 1 2006 at 11:33 PM said:

Oh yeah, and add stereo speakers.

DaveC posted on Oct 1 2006 at 07:10 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Oct 1 2006 at 11:33 PM said:

Oh yeah, and add stereo speakers.

It will have them. Shall I post the full spec list?

OK, I will, direct from the two posts.

Dragonforce-Europe posted on Sep 5 2006 at 02:11 AM said:
400 Mhz
(enough memory)
Usb 2.0
15 hours of battery life
(now testing for a 5.0 MP camera)
Nes and super famicom emulator
3.6 inch screen
Dragonforce-Europe posted on Sep 9 2006 at 04:14 AM said:
3.6 inch screen
stereo speakers
nes, snes, Megadrive, Gameboy advance emulator
16 million colors
usb 2.0
SD CARD PLUS MMC card
And ofcourse Open Source. but we also certify certain games to be compatible with the pmp (free) this includes that the game will be on the official website where people can buy the game. making it more avaible to the public.

And that is everything that's been released about it semi-publicly so far.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they ditched the digital camera to keep the price down.

I hope it has, at the very least, some good 2D acceleration. Not just blitting, either. Something that can at the very least throw a thousand-plus sprites on the display, do alpha blending, scaling and rotation... some faster memory, too. Dedicated VRAM would be nice ...

and for the love of god make it larger and eaiser to hold, and move the controls to the top of the unit. It'll be awkward to hold and eas to drop like that...

Epicenter posted on Oct 1 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
I hope it has, at the very least, some good 2D acceleration. Not just blitting, either. Something that can at the very least throw a thousand-plus sprites on the display, do alpha blending, scaling and rotation... some faster memory, too. Dedicated VRAM would be nice ...

and for the love of god make it larger and eaiser to hold, and move the controls to the top of the unit. It'll be awkward to hold and eas to drop like that...

Yeah, this isn't the one pictured, but don't expect any suggested changes here to get made to it, as I have nothing to do with the company, I just happen to be a lucky member of the private forum where the info was released.

Back