Solar Mp4

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
This one is interesting because it looks similar to the GP2X, in terms of style. However, it's got a bunch of features that make it interesting. It only emulates NES, GB and GBC.

Uniquely designed 2GB MP4 Player with 2 solar panels built in for either recharging the built in Li-ion batteries or for recharging other electrical devices through the USB OUT. The eco friendly MP4 player will never have to be plugged in to get any power, and with the ability to recharge 4.5V, 5V, 6.3V, 9V devices, you will be getting a mobile power station wherever you go. Other excellent features include its massive 3.5 Inch TFT Screen with a 1.6 million colors, a NES, GB and GBC emulator, a E-Book that will read aloud for you, and even a built in LED flashlight. A gadget lovers dream, this MP4 player is perfect for taking anywhere you want to go for as long as you want to be there, and for a price that is absolutely unbelievable when you see all that it can do.

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.ph...-power-station/

chinavasion-CVEAB-SP828-7-mnu.JPG

chinavasion-CVEAB-SP828-9-use2.JPG

chinavasion-CVEAB-SP828-5-pwr.JPG

That's pretty cool. I hope the screen looks better in life than it does in the picture, but I would understand if it were lower quality for power concerns due to the solar charging system.

Oh god, that looks awful, and would be incredibly difficult to charge at night, or in britain.

Nova said:
Oh god, that looks awful, and would be incredibly difficult to charge at night, or in britain.
Think of it as an excuse to chat up sweaty chicks at your local tanning salon! Or sweaty men if that's your fancy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's suspected to be a JXD301 compatible Blackfin 533 device.

If someone can find a firmware of one of these I can verify that.

Hi. I'm a new Guy here, but stumbled across this and figured "hey...I'm bored...let's do this!" So I bought one of these monsters. It just came in so I've been playing with various features using the *very* broken english manual as a guide.

Anyway, I followed the instuctions in the manual on how to access the firmware location, and it shows a file named "APP_ROM" and while checking in the settings it says "Firmware Version: V0.1.0-20070821t

Oh yeah, strange thing, while in Chinese Language mode, you have access to a English to Chinese recite setting with a couple hundred english and chinese phrase pairs...but if you put the language to english, this function is disabled.

So...I hope this helps.

Actually it seems pretty good.
*The controls respond quickly. (although the d-pad is 4 individual buttons instead of one on a rocking base)
*The speakers sound great.
*The User interface is rediculously easy to get used to.
*It crashes on .avi's not being the exactly correct size and format, but comes with a program that adjusts most video files (except .mkz, that I've noticed) to the settings required.
*The NES emulation is excellent, but the GB and Genesis have trouble with sound and random crashes.(Also, the main power button works as a 'game reset' button in the emulators, and as it is placed where the pad of your hand rests while your thumb is on the d-pad...it has caused a small amount of frustration when getting really into a game.

and I've just run the battery down to near death and placed it in sunlight to test the charging capabilities.
So I guess I'll know more in a little bit.

Oh! fun side note...in the manual, there is a page at the end with a product Guarantee and a tear-out fom that says it's to be mailed in with the item to the manufacturer under a 1 year free repair contract. Needless to say, there is no information in the entire manual or the device itsself nor the box it comes in as to who the actual manufacturer is. A quick check on the internet provided me with 6 different companies claiming to be the manufacturer, but a closer look at the company's profile tells you they are a reseller. Gotta love China

--Ok...roughly 3 hours of direct sunlight, brought it back up to approximately half power. Honestly, I don't know if that's good or bad.

So can you only charge it via solar power, or can you charge it through AC too?

oh yeah...totally forgot...
It does have an 5.0v AC in, which I learned can be used in conjunction with the USB power out. So you can charge it on 5.0v and still power a 9.0v USB device, as long as there is some power left in the battery.

Not a cell-phone yet, as my cell's power plug is how should we say "unique" (think of a H.R. Giger, M.C. Escher, and Dante Allegari co-op design while all three are on an acid trip.) Im going to have to go to Radio shack to possibly find something that would work.
But, I have successfully charged a 5.0v mp3 player, a 9.0v battery charger, and a rechargeable USB flashlight, I even plugged in another usb light that didn't have it's own power supply and it ran fine. (another neat thing. If you don't know or don't care to know the voltage requirement of the device you're powering, you can hold down the power output select button when you plug something in and it will determine the correct voltage on its own.)

Inopia said:
It's suspected to be a JXD301 compatible Blackfin 533 device.

This can't be a JXD301 compatible device : it is only limited to 8-bits emulation...
The only thing interesting is that it can be used to recharge other USB devices.

Kalimerou said:
This can't be a JXD301 compatible device : it is only limited to 8-bits emulation...
The only thing interesting is that it can be used to recharge other USB devices.
Actually, it emulates the SEGA Genesis (Which is a 16-bit System) as well, as I beleive I mentioned earlier, though it has some problems with the sound. (Gameboy games as well, suffer in the sound department)

As mentioned before, the files I put up have the system data, though I'm not experienced enough with other emulation systems to say whether or not it's a copy of something else, I'm sure someone else could tell immediately.

help my guys...i really need to flash this mp43 player to get it working agen can anyone help

Em.... Wrong thread? This is a pretty nice thread, I'll say, cool device, but...?
What MP3 player is it?

Back