This is how much I hate the nubs on my Pandora

danielm

And now I am sitting here ...crying ...

IMG_20150414_215322.jpg

It is easy to replace the nubs.  I've done it many times.  Just order the part from ED's shop and do it yourself.  Nothing to cry about.  Pandorians don't cry.   ;)
Thanks for the tip, I will order two new nubs ... the left nub actually doesn't do a much worse job now than it used to do when it still was "alive" ... sometime you have to break what is breaking you ;-)

It is easy to replace the nubs. I've done it many times. Just order the part from ED's shop and do it yourself. Nothing to cry about. Pandorians don't cry. ;)
In Pandora (the planet) crying is actually against the law or rules. Forbidden in fact!

Upon birth, all Pandorians will have their tear ducts surgically removed from their eyes (which are actually located beneath their chins...hard to explain).

@danielm

Cheer up mate, I'm sure you'll soon replace that nub. :)

Just with experience with my Pandori and what I read on the boards there seems to be a Left Nub syndrome that seems to occur on Rebirth and 1Ghz models. I have a feeling since the problem only hits the left nub and both nubs "should" be exactly the same, I believe it's less likely that it is an issue with the actual nub, but perhaps a weak I2C signal or an issue with the supply voltage to the nub.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is easy to replace the nubs.  I've done it many times.  Just order the part from ED's shop and do it yourself.  Nothing to cry about.  Pandorians don't cry.  
If you replace the nubs, does that fix the issues you might have had with them, or is it simply a cosmetic change? 
I didn't change them for cosmetic.  Why would I?  All Pandora nubs look the same. ;)  

I changed them because the right nubs of two of my Pandoras worked badly.  They didn't move much even when I pushed them to the max.  After replacing them, the new nubs work perfectly fine.  

In Pandora (the planet) crying is actually against the law or rules. Forbidden in fact!
2md5lph.gif

I think I remember more crying as well. (Also, SLAP THAT TREE!)

Just with experience with my Pandori and what I read on the boards there seems to be a Left Nub syndrome that seems to occur on Rebirth and 1Ghz models. I have a feeling since the problem only hits the left nub and both nubs "should" be exactly the same, I believe it's less likely that it is an issue with the actual nub, but perhaps a weak I2C signal or an issue with the supply voltage to the nub.
I guess I should look into this.

Thanks for all the condolences :-D

A long time ago, I tried using the right nub as mouse replacement, and it was similarly bad/useless.

I will report if new nubs work better ... but this will take a while :)

Could be that problems occur on the left since its being used more. I nub on the right and i aint even mad.
On my Rebirth and 1Ghz units, I noticed movement issues with them new out of the box. I can enable mouse movement on the right nubs and those behave much better.

My First Batch Pandora nubs seem perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back