This is a longshot, but... anime thread?

So this means subscribers of Crunshyroll can also get stuff from the other streaming side ,
Maybe One Piece whit German Voice?
Although I’m get used to the Original Voices ..

So this means subscribers of Crunshyroll can also get stuff from the other streaming side ,
Maybe One Piece whit German Voice?
Although I’m get used to the Original Voices ..
But it also means the smaller ones will have a tougher time gathering subscribers to subsist. Monopolies are nice, you get to go to shop at one place only... and they have everything! But in the end it means less diversity, less innovation and unregulated prices.

Im now done whit the second Seassion of Attack on Titan, unfortunally, now there is only one Seassion left whit German Voices, but i think i will now watch One Piece until the final Seassion is ready...,
The Switch App of Crunshyroll works quite good, as long as you have Internet Connections, which is something that is not the whole day in Germany where Internet is "Neuland" (New Land)

This weekend I bought the chapter one of the manga: "TRAPPED IN A DATING SIM: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs". That's a looong title.

It started out as a light-novel, then watered down to a manga and now watered down to an anime - which will come out soonish.

Plot​

The story begins when the office worker Leon Fou Bartfort dies and finds himself reincarnated in an Otome game that he was forced to play by his sister. Specifically, he's reincarnated into the Holfort Kingdom of the Otome game world, one where women reign supreme, particularly tough for 'mobs', background characters like him. The plot revolves around Leon disrupting his world using his knowledge of the game from his past life, finding a cheat item Luxion and enrolling in the Holtfort Academy. He attempts to live a normal life but through his actions he gets embroiled in all kinds of plots, while mingling with the royalty and other characters of the otome game.

So why would a guy buy a manga about a dating-simulation for girls/women? Well, it's a Japanese guy re-incarnated in a world-game. He retains his knowledge of the game he was playing, so he has a grasp of the world mechanics and starts events out of order. It is a shonen though, so combat is a big part of the story, but so is actions-have-consequences. And as his timeline diverges from what is happening, it gets harder to predict what to do. The protagonist is not that likeable, but I guess it's because he feels he's in a game, not in real life. I found it hard to know who was who and had to backtrack a few times to find matching clothing and hairstyle to know who it was. The worldbuilding was cool.

Other stuff
If you want to get depressed and sad, read "takopis original sin" - It's still about a cute octopus, but man... and if you read the first chapter, also read the second one because that one ends on a better note, sort of.

I resubscribed to Crunchyroll today. They're getting a lot of shows this spring now that Funimation is out of the picture. There is a downside, however. Streaming service Hidive has called backsies on all the titles it shares with Crunchyroll, and so over fifty series will be leaving Crunchyroll in a week.

Sadly since i got this Streaming Stick, i ditnt had time to watch some Anime..
I know that the last time i was on ONE Piece, they where at this Winter Island to find a Doctor for Nami, and from the Thumpnails of the next episodes, i think they will now meet Chopper,
I know i shouldnd know it as im quite early in the Anime, but i allready watched some Episodes on TV Years ago, and played Unlimited Cruise 1 on 3DS, so i know the Straw Hat Pirates ^^..

But on Streaming, the good thing is that you can watch them in the right Order, not when a TV Company decided to broadcast them..

I have to decide whether to renew my Crunchyroll subscription soon. I hardly use it. I haven’t checked out any of the Spring 2022 shows yet. I wish I knew what was keeping me from watching anime, so I could fix it. My psych won’t let me try Adderall. :(

I cancelled my Crunchyroll subscription a few months ago. Currently watching gaming videos instead. I'm now on #35 of this series:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRVOMzMTjyiDzxLxBDLzxdv7OOSyhrwl_

Last edited:
Currently watching gaming videos instead. I'm now on #35 of this series:
Never quite got this, why watch videos of people playing video games and not just play the game yourself?

But it's likely why I don't like following sportsball on TV and such..

There are quite a lot of retro games that are difficult to play yourself. I recently watched a playthrough of Magicland Dizzy on the Spectrum (it's quite a short game) as part of comparing the gameplay on the different platforms it was ported to. I've also watched in my time people playing SCUD Race under emulation, a playthrough in multiple parts of Exile on the BBC Micro (I never got too far underground when I played it back in the day, and it turns out that's where most of the game is) and I think the first I watched was someone playing Broken Age by Double Fine Productions after it turned out the version I ordered through kickstarter required better openGL that any of my machines had at that time. That's excluding videos mainly by the Phawx playing games on his variety of handheld devices that have been linked from this place.

Edit: And of course @matzesu playing old games badly to demonstrate the emulators on the Pyra. Gotta watch all of them!

Last edited:
Crunshyroll now got the first half of the final seassion of Attack on Titan in German, and they also have the first 3 Seassions of Jojos bizzare Adventures in German ^^ Maybe i should continue whit this App as far as im done whit my Star Wars Watch Projekt (only 2 Hours left on "The Rise of Skywalker")..
On Xbox there is also the Crunshyroll App..

Never quite got this, why watch videos of people playing video games and not just play the game yourself?

But it's likely why I don't like following sportsball on TV and such..
I have played Breath of the Wild, but not very well, and I guess I like watching people who are better than me. Sena's series which I linked is a first run, so I know a lot of things he didn't at the time of recording, but his skills are clearly better than mine. Apart from that, it's actually mainly for the commentary!

I liked watching PointCrow's weird speedruns (with his commentary), and was wasting a bit too much time on those, so thought I'd look for something in Japanese instead.

Trying to watch anime without English subs or play a new game in Japanese wasn't much fun because I was getting hung up on wanting to understand everything. Japanese gaming videos turned out to be more relaxing that way. If I already know the game, that provides a framework to hang the meaning onto, and partial understanding doesn't usually have much effect on what comes later.

I could watch an anime twice of course, but playing a game in English and then watching other people play it in Japanese in different combinations has been more motivating so far. And watching an anime with and without English subs is still using the English translation directly to understand the Japanese, while with the gaming videos it's just a framework and the commentary is 100% in Japanese.

Last edited:
Crunshyroll now got the first half of the final seassion of Attack on Titan in German

SPOILER (just read it anyway):

Even the Second Part of the "Final Season" is NOT the ending.... I wonder why the called it like that...

Even the Second Part of the "Final Season" is NOT the ending.... I wonder why the called it like that...
Wow. I was annoyed enough the first time that when I saw Crunchyroll had the rest of the manga in English, I skim-read it all at once (and reading ahead in the manga is not like me at all ;) ).

Though related to my previous post, that would be a good one to try watching without English subs I guess. If it's not too boring knowing what happens already.

Last edited:
I continued yesterday evening a few Anime,
Maybe one Eppisode of Jo-Jo but was a bit anoyed : this whole commenting from Speedwagon on the things Jo-Jo dit .. and this whole overdrive nonsense …

So I went to Attack on Titan, much more the sort of Anime I like , I’m now on Seassion 3 and they are now have to fight Humans .. , unfortunately I fell asleep to early but I deactivated Autoplay on the IPhone Crunshyroll App .. maybe I can get now a bit progress on Anime,

I'm enjoying the following:

Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de / Love After World Domination (2022)
Beautiful Sentai romcom (romantic comedy) about the leader of a Sentai group that falls in love with the enemy.
The heroes have a "G" on their helmet (like Gatchaman/G-Force) and have self assembling robots like Mazinger-Z and behave like Zyuranger/Powerrangers all rolled into one.
All they do is try to plan fights at locations where they can then slip out unnoticed and have a date together. If you can ignore the fanservice, it's very enjoyable.

Honzuki no Gekokujou / Ascendance of a Bookworm
Isekai about a woman that re-incarnates and brings along some knowledge about producing goods with a passion of creating paper, then a bookpress.
I like this one because it touches on a very wide emotional range. Life in that world is hard, and it still is given a positive spin. You also learn by watching it. For example: You can not just create ink, because a guild only allows guild members to do that (kinda like patents today) and inventions have value (and you should protect these). It starts slow, but gets quite deep into how that society works and making the viewer feel uncomfortable because of that because it also dares to show you the less happy side of things, giving that world more realism. It starts slow, so you need to give it some time to like it.

Ya Boy Kongming! (2022)
Chinese General time-travels to modern Tokyo and applies his strategies to get a music band up and running. This one had me laughing a few times. Beautiful music also.

Spy x Family
Action comedy. This is a masterpiece. It's about a spy that needs to have a family as a coverstory for a mission. Can't tell you more. It's good! Go watch it!

Skeleton Knight in Another World (2022)
Isekai fantasy. Another one of those good ones. A skeleton with a heart of gold. The Anime is good, the manga is better, but the light novel has so much more detail.

7seeds
Post-acapolypse survival series
Man, this one has a Neon Genesis Evangelion vibe to it. Lot's of mystery, narration misdirection, unfairness, slow revelations and despair. So you're in for a ride. It also shows-dont-tell, so the story looks bigger than the story (and by that I mean that the world-building is done well, so the world feels deep and the characters are not flat, because they grow during the series).

Last edited:
Back