Thinking Of Getting Started In Development.

atomicthumbs

I am the king of the collectors, with hospital bed
Website
printeronfire.org
I'm going to start by developing for Windows and Linux (cross-platform, hopefully), and moving to the Pandora when it comes out.

I'm going to use C#, and Visual Studio (the free one). My framework of choice is Mono.

I know barely anything about actual programming (the code-writing part), but I'm going to get a magic book; C# will be much easier to write with than ordinary C.

Does anybody see any holes in my plan? Any suggestions for improvement (IDE, framework, etc.)?

Will Mono work on the Pandora?

Will VS compile ARM Linux apps?

:D

atomicthumbs said:
I'm going to start by developing for Windows and Linux (cross-platform, hopefully), and moving to the Pandora when it comes out.

I develop for Windows many years in deplhi, so I hope that FreePascal and Lazarus give me a chance in develop for GP2X and Pandora.

atomicthumbs said:
I'm going to use C#, and Visual Studio (the free one). My framework of choice is Mono.
Will Mono work on the Pandora?

I guess not, but ther is chance in future. This is only question of usefullness. Mono, as a .NET framework, is big consumer of HW resources. I do not hope for Mono port to Pandora.

atomicthumbs said:
Will VS compile ARM Linux apps?

I'll pretty sure not. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are just starting to learn game programming, I would use Python instead.
It has much better game support via pygame and sdl anyways, and should work on the pandora more or less out of the box.

Julius said:
If you are just starting to learn game programming, I would use Python instead.
It has much better game support via pygame and sdl anyways, and should work on the pandora more or less out of the box.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back