Arm-linux-gcc.exe: No Input Files

kablammyman

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm new to the GP2x dev scene, but not to programming or game programming. I have been using allegro in my spare time for about 6 or 7 years. So, of course when I heard I could port my games to the gp2x, I got excited. That excitement went away when I couldn’t even compile the demo program.

Anyway, downloaded the devkitgp2x zip from this page and followed the first option:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_dev...nment_(Windows)

I then followed the rest of the guide. Here is my path after making the changes
C:\devkitGP2X\bin;C:\devkitGP2X\minsys\bin;C:\devkitGP2X\mingw32\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;c:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\BIN;

note* I also tried using the gp2x stuff at the end of the path list

Anyway, trying to build the demo program gives me this:
Code:
C:\devkitGP2X\demo>make
C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-gcc `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config --cflags
` -O2 -Wall -Werror   -c -o demo.o demo.c
arm-linux-gcc.exe: no input files
make: *** [demo.o] Error 1

Now, the only thing I can think of is that the computer is confused since I had allegro and Dev-cpp installed before I tried anything with the gp2x dev kit...or the thing I downloaded is useless. Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

thanx.

p.s. my system has win xp pro sp2

kablammyman said:
Code:
C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-gcc `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config --cflags

No Input files means there are no C files. Is the above the actual layout of the command? If so the newline after --cflags should not be there

Last edited by a moderator:
Parkydr said:
kablammyman said:
Code:

No Input files means there are no C files. Is the above the actual layout of the command? If so the newline after --cflags should not be there

kablammyman said:
Now, the only thing I can think of is that the computer is confused since I had allegro and Dev-cpp installed before I tried anything with the gp2x dev kit...or the thing I downloaded is useless. Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

C:\devkitGP2X\bin;C:\devkitGP2X\minsys\bin;C:\devkitGP2X\mingw32\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;c:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\BIN;

It already is at the start of the path (as shown above).

Maybe your path is too confusing for the gp2xsdk.
Try stripping everything extra out of the path.

My problems of the same nature went away after
I removed all other compiler and utility containing
directories from the path.

Parkydr said:
kablammyman said:
Code:

theres only a new line becasue the window was small. There is a C file there, the demo dir was not modified.

Maybe your path is too confusing for the gp2xsdk.
Try stripping everything extra out of the path.

My problems of the same nature went away after
I removed all other compiler and utility containing
directories from the path.

tried that, it didnt make a difference.

Post the makefile itself on the web somewhere so we can have a look at the actual file.

Post the makefile itself on the web somewhere so we can have a look at the actual file.

here is the make file contents:

Code:
CROSS_COMPILE = C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-
SDL_BASE = C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-
LDFLAGS = -static

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
CXX = $(CROSS_COMPILE)g++
STRIP = $(CROSS_COMPILE)strip

CFLAGS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -Werror
CXXFLAGS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -Werror
LIBS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --libs`

SDLTEST_TARGET = demo.gpe
SDLTEST_OBJS = demo.o

all : $(SDLTEST_TARGET)

$(SDLTEST_TARGET) : $(SDLTEST_OBJS)
	$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(SDLTEST_TARGET) $(SDLTEST_OBJS) $(LIBS)
	$(STRIP) $(SDLTEST_TARGET)

clean:
	rm -f $(ALL_TARGETS) *.o *~

Even though I downloaded the zip for "lazy people" Do I still need SDL installed?

I gave up on it...and got rid of everything.

I then just got the official gp2x sdk. It comes with its own version of Dev-cpp made just for the gp2x.

Now, I want to get allegro working for it...I tried to link it like I do normally (linking to the liballeg.a) and I tried to use the config file George foot made...but no luck. Anybody have any ideas to get allegro working with the “special” gp2x dev-cpp?

Back