Thinking of buying an Amiga

Ian J

Advanced Member
Using UAE has fired up my enthusiasm for all things Amiga.

I'm seriously looking at buying a 1200 to replace my 4000 I sold many years ago :( .

Does anyone have a 1200 they would like to sell before I browse ebay?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look on there but I couldn't see any accelerators, some nice kit though.

Should be plenty on ebay anyways.Also there is amibay where people sell amigas and ataris etc at more reasonable prices.

Just had a look on amibay & the prices were mad, £300 for a 1200 with a few extra bits. Dream on.

Ebay here I come.

i know what you mean. i love Amiga 500 games! i remember when i was a kid i played Amiga games, trying to figure out how to play, things like that. the memories. modern games just don't have that magic that old games had. i don't know why. there are just too much BS w/modern video games

I'm afraid I can't recommend anything Amiga-related, but I just wanted to respond to something, if that's alright.

modern games just don't have that magic that old games had. i don't know why. there are just too much BS w/modern video games
Watch and learn. ;)

I'm afraid I can't recommend anything Amiga-related, but I just wanted to respond to something, if that's alright.

modern games just don't have that magic that old games had. i don't know why. there are just too much BS w/modern video games
Watch and learn. ;)
Thats fine :)

Well I'm bidding on a 1200 on ebay and have been looking through Amigakit for some nice add-ons.

The scan doubler is a must to use the Miggy on a new LCD.

Can't wait to play Pinball Illusions again.

Good luck with the bidding! I missed out on the Amiga myself (had my C64 as my main computer until 1996, at which point we got our first x86 box), so I'd have no clue what's considered a reasonable price... :lol: I'd love to know, though - one of these days I'd love to get set up with an Amiga or a clone thereof...

If I was going to go back down the Amiga route I would definitely consider a minimig

Well I didn't win the 1200 but it's not a total loss more are going up all the time, prices vary quite considerably.

I would consider a minimig or something similar but i want to play some AGA games, do any of these clone hardware fully support AGA?

fpgaarcade is aga with lots of ram i believe there is a thread about it on amiga.Org and other miggy sites.Its just a board no case.There is sure plenty of1200's on ebay.An ex commodore guy claims to have 1500 new 1200's from india.Theres a thread about it on amiga.Org or amigaworld.Net

I always wanted an Amiga back in the day.. I ended up getting a Tandy 1000 :(

fpgaarcade is aga with lots of ram i believe there is a thread about it on amiga.Org and other miggy sites.Its just a board no case.There is sure plenty of1200's on ebay.An ex commodore guy claims to have 1500 new 1200's from india.Theres a thread about it on amiga.Org or amigaworld.Net
Can't find any mention of 1200's for sale on either forum. Well not New Old Stock.

Can't find any mention of 1200's for sale on either forum. Well not New Old Stock.
Here it is on amiga.org http://www.amiga.org...ead.php?t=61762 It could be a while if it's true by the looks of it.

Several times in the last several weeks I've been tempted to pick up an Amiga on ebay.. But every time I'm ready to do so, I've talked myself out of it.. I really want one, but can't afford the toys like I used to..

Back