Thinking About Getting A Wiz

Rasenganfan2

Still Fresh
I've recently learned about the Pandora, and how it's been infamous about delays. That and it's very expensive for the average person. I stumbled upon the Wiz, which is nearly half the price of the Pandora and it's actually out. So I've read and watched some reviews, all of them old. So I need opinions of how things are NOW.

My questions:

- How is emulation? I mean NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis(Mega Drive), Game Boy(GB,GBC,GBA)
- How are the Dpad and face buttons?
- Is it easy to get emulators and ROMs on the Wiz?
- Does it offer internal storage of ROMs and emulators?

Thank you for your time :)

Wiz comes with few games on a 1GB built-in NAND, but all emu's you have to download (for example here). D-pad is in my opinion quite good, face buttons too, but i have small trouble wth shoulder buttons - right button sometimes doesn't react(don't know if that's yust with my Wiz). GBA works quite well, but every emulator is just a quick dirty port of emu for PC or other platform (GP2x f100/200, PSP). But thankfully, these emus are working well, and because of the wiz's specs it car run a big amount of games. But don't think that you will run Pilotwings on SNES emulator. I am just a 14 years old freak with joy in emus and Linux, so i don't remember anything I have ever played on other consoles than PSP and Wiz, so I haven't tried the Genesis and Mega Drive yet, but one of the best emulators is MAME, with runs really well - no other device could run it better.

50full.jpg
= PERFECT

- How is emulation? I mean NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis(Mega Drive), Game Boy(GB,GBC,GBA)

I played with SNES, Genesis and GBA/GB a bit a they work very good, no complains here. The are some titles which won't work (yet), but majority of games work. As SONY said Genesis emu is perfect. WIZ has also really good computer/arcade emulators (Amiga, ScummVM, C64, Spectrum, CPS2, NeoGeo, MAME). In short words if you're looking for really good handheld with lots of emulators then Wiz is the way to go.

- How are the Dpad and face buttons?

Maybe they look strange at first but after few games you won't complain, they're very good. Only "vs fighting" games could be hard to play with these controls.

- Is it easy to get emulators and ROMs on the Wiz?

Yep, just google for roms. There's plenty of sites.

- Does it offer internal storage of ROMs and emulators?

1GB built-in, but believe me that 8GB SD card is the best solution.

Thanks guys. This settles it, I'll get a Wiz. When I get the $180 USD (hey, I'm 13, it'll be a while :p).

Rasenganfan2 said:
Thanks guys. This settles it, I'll get a Wiz. When I get the $180 USD (hey, I'm 13, it'll be a while :p ).
13?!

You weren't even around when these systems were out :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back