Things That Bug Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSXM said:
Calling me a snot nosed kid.. I may not know as much of the project as you migh but it doesn't give you the right to call me that. That also downgrading withought knowing the person, but hey, that's how internet works. You know nothing about me, I know nothing about you. I have the right to question things, eh? But seems, I don't have that right here.
Getting out of the fire and back on topic, you are making demands to already very busy people, who are currently working to finish the device. I'd rather them KEEP WORKING than keep you updated. There was a new blog post yesterday. In the Official Dev Teams Updates Thread, there has been on average an update once every two and a half days. And you're asking for more? What would be enough, once every half hour? Be patient or jump ship. You've been given the option several times now. No matter how much you demand an update, it doesn't necessarily mean there will /be/ an update to report.

CSXM said:
If the Pandora is true, as I 99,9% believe, it will be the most excellent thing ever for me. Mind me if I have trouble believing it to be true, considering all the ..
If you have doubts, take your money and go home. If by ".." you mean silence then you're crazy. Again, look at the Official Dev Teams Updates Thread. The frequency and detail in the updates there is staggering.

Last edited by a moderator:
gibberish said:
i agree with most of what was written at the top, except the device was actually supposed to be ready by april this year not august. ha!

i've kept my mouth shut so far (for the most part) but it's just becoming ridiculous now. the lack of updates are the most worrying. craigix may be busy but seriously, how long does it take to update a blog... 15 minutes at MOST if he drops the fucking salesman talk and just tells it like it is.

thankfully a few others on this board have dealt with craigix before and THEY are the ones that have convinced me this is not going to turn into expensive vaporware. it should be HIM doing this, by means of regular updates, video's, and explanations. im fairly sure theyve known for months it wont be ready to ship by november, they still havent even made room to the put the stylus in the case ffs. the whole operation thus far is a massive, massive shambles - which is a shame.

if i have pandora in my hands before february i will be VERY surprised.
thats all i have to say about it, im not going to start trolling in every thread.
see my sig. i would like people to know how long we've been waiting (and how many times the date did shift).

i do believe most of us will have our Pandoras in december or maybe this month. projects like this that try and impress consumers too much with demo videos and expensive prototypes always fail because for a small company they simply don't have the money. Craigix & co do know what they're doing.

AireTamStorm said:
CSXM said:
Calling me a snot nosed kid.. I may not know as much of the project as you migh but it doesn't give you the right to call me that. That also downgrading withought knowing the person, but hey, that's how internet works. You know nothing about me, I know nothing about you. I have the right to question things, eh? But seems, I don't have that right here.
Getting out of the fire and back on topic, you are making demands to already very busy people, who are currently working to finish the device. I'd rather them KEEP WORKING than keep you updated, thanks. There was a blog post yesterday. In the Official Dev Teams Updates Thread, there has been on average an update once every two and a half days. And you're asking for more? What would be enough, once every half hour? Be patient or jump ship. You've been given the option several times now. No matter how much you demand an update, it doesn't necessarily mean there will /be/ an update to report.

CSXM said:
If the Pandora is true, as I 99,9% believe, it will be the most excellent thing ever for me. Mind me if I have trouble believing it to be true, considering all the ..
If you have doubts, take your money and go home. If by ".." you mean silence then you're crazy. Again, look at the Official Dev Teams Updates Thread. The frequency and detail in the updates there is staggering.

You directed me to just the thread I wanted. I can't believe how I havn't noticed that.. And by ".." I meant all the hassle I stated before. But this thread link was the "combo breaker" for me. Thanks. (I don't know how I missed it..)

CSXM said:
Your questions are entirely reasonable. I pointed out on another thread - I know exactly what is involved in a community project as I was involved as a pre-orderer with the Empeg, the in-car Linux based mp3 player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empeg_Car

We put our money (close to $1500) down, and we got regular updates and PHOTOS at every stage of the manufacturing, assembly, testing and shipping processes. These updates would have probably taken the team 5 minutes at a time.

Why can't the Pandora team do the same? I know about the dev thread update and that's fine, but that's just one half of the picture. The other is manufacturing, assembly, testing and shipping, and there is not one shred of evidence that manufacturing has begun yet. THAT is why I'm asking questions.

ngchol said:
CSXM said:
Your questions are entirely reasonable. I pointed out on another thread - I know exactly what is involved in a community project as I was involved as a pre-orderer with the Empeg, the in-car Linux based mp3 player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empeg_Car

We put our money (close to $1500) down, and we got regular updates and PHOTOS at every stage of the manufacturing, assembly, testing and shipping processes. These updates would have probably taken the team 5 minutes at a time.

Why can't the Pandora team do the same? THAT is why I'm asking questions.

Well, I relate to this..

CC_machine said:
gibberish said:
i agree with most of what was written at the top, except the device was actually supposed to be ready by april this year not august. ha!

i've kept my mouth shut so far (for the most part) but it's just becoming ridiculous now. the lack of updates are the most worrying. craigix may be busy but seriously, how long does it take to update a blog... 15 minutes at MOST if he drops the fucking salesman talk and just tells it like it is.

thankfully a few others on this board have dealt with craigix before and THEY are the ones that have convinced me this is not going to turn into expensive vaporware. it should be HIM doing this, by means of regular updates, video's, and explanations. im fairly sure theyve known for months it wont be ready to ship by november, they still havent even made room to the put the stylus in the case ffs. the whole operation thus far is a massive, massive shambles - which is a shame.

if i have pandora in my hands before february i will be VERY surprised.
thats all i have to say about it, im not going to start trolling in every thread.
see my sig. i would like people to know how long we've been waiting (and how many times the date did shift).

you might want to update it then.

blog wrote:

we're trying all we can to get it to you, but basically, it can even take until 2009 until we get all LCDs.

The Pandora Prayer.

Dear Lord
Give me the strength to ignore the ignorance of the few oxygen thieves that populate this board,
Grant me the patience to explain to all that this is not like this project or that project, or that
we do not have the right to DEMAND this or that,
Grant the ignorant a momentary use of a braincell to appreciate that since the beginning,
the pandora team have been honest about how things will be done, how updates are not a priority,
but that chip faithfully collects all news into the main thread,
but above all grant the pandora team the patience to deal with the hysteria that is
tantamount to the credit crunch nerves on the market.

Guys its not worth the stress, if you have no trust, feeling spare or worse case scenario (meteor strike) cannot afford to loose a paltry £200 GET A REFUND

My last rantings on this subject. It really grinds me when real contributors to the homebrew scene (Craig et al) are thrown into suspicion

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
The Pandora Prayer.

Dear Lord
Give me the strength to ignore the ignorance of the few oxygen thieves that populate this board,
Grant me the patience to explain to all that this is not like this project or that project, or that
Grant the ignorant a momentary use of a braincell to appreciate that since the beginning,
the pandora team have been honest about how things will be done, how updates are not a priority,
but above all grant the pandora team the patience to deal with the hysteria that is
Guys its not worth the stress, if you have no trust, feeling spare or worse case scenario (meteor strike) cannot afford to loose a paltry £200 GET A REFUND

My last rantings on this subject. It really grinds me when real contributors to the homebrew scene (Craig et al) are thrown into suspicion

Stop using the word "demand" when people are asking for information. As I mention above, I was involved with another Linux-based community project which was properly handled in terms of communications. It takes no time at all and keeps everybody happy.

Chip is doing a fantastic job at collecting and posting info and putting that Dev Updates thread together but I reckon about 80% or more of the concerns on this board right now (whether you want to call them whines or simply adults wanting to get the facts straight) would vanish if the actual people involved posted straight info on the main Pandora page here - http://openpandora.org/

EvilDragon has sinced helped with his blog update, which is great, but the fact that some people seem to be vanishing into the shadows here is worrying for people who haven't dealt with the GBAX people before, especially with regards to the bank issue, which has yet to be explained properly beyond speculation from forum members and a misleading email.

All it would have taken to avoid all this confusion is some communication. It's that simple.

We're being asked to roll with it as it's a community project, and I subscribe to that, but a community has to be informed. And, as for the take it or leave it but shut up attitude, I have to say as a new guy around here, that doesn't help and, for people to throw out jibes about 'whining' at the same time, runs the risk of sounding a little childish. People are into the project. That doesn't mean they should just shut up and sit quietly in the dark while further bank transfers are being requested not asking any questions.

Communication seems to be what most people are looking for here.

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
The Pandora Prayer.

Dear Lord

I got what I wanted with the link to the thread. I also take back the comment about relating to the blog but I'd like to see a link or somehing to the thread also in the official pandora webpage. As an addition to the forum link, I mean.. To prevent another like me in the future.

ngchol said:
Stop using the word "demand" when people are asking for information. As I mention above, I was involved with another Linux-based community project which was properly handled in terms of communications. It takes no time at all and keeps everybody happy.
That is the EXACT point, most people are happy with the way things are ... just a few people who want more, who want hourly updates, when these guys are working till all hours in the night just trying to hold things together ... If I hurt your precious feelings, I'm reaaaaally sorry

BeefJerky said:
Chip is doing a fantastic job at collecting and posting info and putting that Dev Updates thread together but I reckon about 80% or more of the concerns on this board right now (whether you want to call them whines or simply adults wanting to get the facts straight) would vanish if the actual people involved posted straight info on the main Pandora page here - http://openpandora.org/

EvilDragon has sinced helped with his blog update, which is great, but the fact that some people seem to be vanishing into the shadows here is worrying for people who haven't dealt with the GBAX people before, especially with regards to the bank issue, which has yet to be explained properly beyond speculation from forum members and a misleading email.

All it would have taken to avoid all this confusion is some communication. It's that simple.

We're being asked to roll with it as it's a community project, and I subscribe to that, but a community has to be informed. And, as for the take it or leave it but shut up attitude, I have to say as a new guy around here, that doesn't help and, for people to throw out jibes about 'whining' at the same time, runs the risk of sounding a little childish. People are into the project. That doesn't mean they should just shut up and sit quietly in the dark while further bank transfers are being requested not asking any questions.

Communication seems to be what most people are looking for here.

Exactly this is the thing going on. Thanks.

CSXM said:
There are a lot of things that bugs me:

5) The Pandora was originally supposed to be finished at august (if I remember correctly) and is still being delayed more and more for always new different reasons

-CSXM

I think thats not quite true.
:rolleyes:

CSXM said:
You directed me to just the thread I wanted. I can't believe how I havn't noticed that.. And by ".." I meant all the hassle I stated before.
You'll notice there are only two stickies at the top of this forum. One relates the latest major news update we have (it will be replaced when we get the next major update) and the other is called the "information index" That thread holds links to all the really big informational threads, including the update list. If you had first read where it says "read here first", this whole issue could have been avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back