THIEVES!

trix

Very Active Member
So I go to leave for class today (Uni of Wisconsin), and notice something horrific... MY PANDORA IS MISSING!

Yeah, that's right, some F.ING AHOLE broke into my van and STOLE MY PANDORA! They also stole about $400 worth of computer equipment, $1000 worth of micro-biology equipment, and my favorite pair of pants! FWORD!! They caught me at a time when in between places, staying with a friend for a month waiting on a Financial Aid check (end of July) to pay my way into a new home, and storing all of my stuff in my van in the meantime.

Now, I thought of this, I figured this could happen, so I was very careful to keep the doors locked and I put up blankets blocking the view into the back of the van, so that nobody could see what was back there and be tempted to break the windows. Apparently, someone was curious enough anyway. And this is a supposedly good neighborhood.

GRRR I'm so pissed right now. I had my Pandora pimped out with two 16GB SD cards, one of them with a fully working Gentoo install and the other with a copy of Angstrom, along with tons of music and games, my $120 awesome headphones, everything. They took it all. GD'IT!!!!!!

Sorry to whine I just need to vent right now before I do something stupid.

Condolences
sad.gif
That sucks
angry.gif
and i hope you can get something back on perhaps vehicle insurance!

No insurance, I'm a broke college student.

That's AWFUL, your microbiology equipment too? That's just sick. You should get the police involved.

That's AWFUL, your microbiology equipment too? That's just sick. You should get the police involved.

Yeah. Not all of it, but a lot. Oddly, my syringes are still there, so I don't think it was a hardcore drug user at least.

And police? To what end? Things may be different where you're from, but around here involving the police only makes a situation worse.

Out of the many similar examples I've been privy to, I've called the police on my neighbor when I heard him screaming at his 9 year old daughter and threw her down the stairs. Cops showed up three hours later, had a five minute conversation outside the guy's house, didn't even ask to see the girl, and left. The next day, every window in my house was broken.

They DID take my bacteria and fungus samples though. No idea why. I hope they try to eat it. Maybe they'll study it under the microscope they stole and learn something. Doubt it, though.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin if I'm correct.

Also, maybe you should set up a trap of some sort? Park your van in the same place, put in a camera and leave it recording? Be sure to hide it well.

But seriously, that's a grand theft, the police should get involved, if not the FBI.

Waukesha, Wisconsin... but very close to Milwaukee. How did you figure that out?

Also, maybe you should set up a trap of some sort? Park your van in the same place, put in a camera and leave it recording? Be sure to hide it well.

But seriously, that's a grand theft, the police should get involved, if not the FBI.

I've thought of that, I might leave my laptop in the passenger seat and sleep in the back overnight, catch the thief in the act. But giving it thought, it doesn't seem very likely that the thief will come back to the same van and attempt it again. Who knows though, maybe I'll catch the punk.

As far as police involvement, I just honestly don't see what they could possibly do for me, other than "keeping an eye out" and (more likely) give me a ticket for not having insurance.

Hmm, be careful. This guy stole a Pandora. He's clearly scrupulous, if it is a dude.

Anyhow, I'm quite sorry for your loss, did you encrypt important files?

Waukesha, Wisconsin... but very close to Milwaukee. How did you figure that out?
Sherlock_Holmes_-_The_Man_with_the_Twisted_Lip.jpg

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear, mate. I hope these thieves rot in hell!!!

Also, what do you mean by, "give me a ticket for not having insurance"?

In Wisconsin, as of 2005 or so, it is illegal to operate a vehicle without insurance.

@Jourdy: :D thanks for the smile!

Hmm, be careful. This guy stole a Pandora. He's clearly scrupulous, if it is a dude.
I think you mean unscrupulous, actually.

Well, among the things he stole include my sherlock-style Tobacco pipe that my brother gave to me, along with a fairly large bag of fine native american amaretto flavored tobacco. Also, the microbiology equipment. Among the things he left were my stereo amplifier, my pipe filters, cleaners, and tools, my notebooks and binders for school, and the big spider that I can never seem to find unless I try to drive somewhere.

So either he ran out of time or he has some sort of scruples.

Or the spider chased him off mid-pillaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet $100 it's someone you know.

I realize that this is often the case, but the location of the current place I am staying is only known to my closest friend. I don't think it was him.

That sucks. Monitor ebay etc for someone in your area selling a pandora without knowing much anything about it?

A good time to consider dabbling in some amateur witchcraft or voodoo. (a strong will + nerves of steel are required)

Just be prepared to get terribly sick or suffer psychological disturbances for a good long time if you want to take the perpetrators *DOWN*.

Still won't get your stuff back tho...

Back