The Youtube Video Thread!

Screeny cheers for that video! I hadn't heard of that Numpty Physics game but it looks a lot like Gravity on the DS.. Which I loved but finished too quick, I'm def getting that on my pandora soon as I can

Ian_J said:
chaosmage said:
Goldeneye on Pandora - I don't think anyone has shown it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2YajD1PLUfA

Excellent thanks for that, I never owned an N64 so this will open up a whole new pile of retro goodness for me.
Your in for a real treat, as the N64 had a handful of really great games. I really hope all the guys involved can optimize the hell out of this, as full speed with sound would be great. N64 games look beyond excellent on the Pandora screen. I would say they look the best out of any of the classic systems I have played so far.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more videos of my favorite fighting game, Street Fighter Alpha 3. Arcade and the GBA version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmugkbqSZbQ

I am currently uploading the GBA version to that account, it'll be live once it finishes uploading.

^Nice vid m8. Did you have the background killer app going as-well? I find that gives a really nice performance boost.

Anyway looks like we had the same idea, well kind of. :)

samsho3 + garou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EUjLzyKzU

Could someone be kind enough to post video's of the stuff I requested in reply #380? I copied the ones that haven't been seen below.

Sarlix has been really generous and posted loads of video's already so I don't want to bug him.

Any of the following would be awesome:

PlayStation: Road Rash, Loaded, Nuclear Strike or G Darius

Amiga: Skid Marks, Any 21st Century Pinball Game, Dyna Blaster, IK+, Super Cars I/II or Deluxe Galaga

PcEngine: Super Star Solder, Final Blaster or any of the Bonk Games

MAME: R-Type, Gradius, Outrun, Donkey Kong or Marble Madness

Many thanks

Ian

Andy G said:
Alerino said:
there you go

Cool didn't realise VLC was available for the Pandora

I've got high hopes for its performance. They've built-in NEON acceleration for the OMAP chips. I think that we've got to do some work to the DSP bridge and get a new kernel (?) before this will all be utilised automatically.

OK... not sure how many will be interested, but I made progress with the PENJIN_ES target of Penjin.
Here is Panjoust being rendered using the 3D hardware of Pandora. Yes there are keying errors and such, but I'm pleased and proud it's working "so well" already!

ALWAYS interested to see anything new or improved running on the Pandora.

Many thanks

ian

Deadbeef, xscorch, BomberClone, Snowball, T(ile)-World, Pandora-Lopan, Sqrxz

http://www.pandoratoday.de/software/video-wochenruckblick-01

Thanks! I like Stonekeep. I remember it even came with a novel back in the days. And I got sent the German version of the game for free - without turning in my English one as it stated in the manual.

What clockspeed is Stonekeep running at?

Also I really should give Gabriel Knight a try - A Bavarian newspaper in a computer game - absolutely intriguing :)

kuru said:

A combination of 850 Mhz + Background killer + DOS32/A extender.

We can only pray Pickle squeezes every little tiny bit of Pandora´s entrails (dynarec optimizations, optimized SDL´s, offloading of some code to the DSP...)

Khan said:
kuru said:

A combination of 850 Mhz + Background killer + DOS32/A extender.

We can only pray Pickle squeezes every little tiny bit of Pandora´s entrails (dynarec optimizations, optimized SDL´s, offloading of some code to the DSP...)
Stonekeep struggles even on my Asus EEE 900, and that's x86 (from what I understands DOSBox makes use of that), Stonekeep is simply quite demanding on DOSBox. I'm amazed it runs this well.

kuru said:
Also I really should give Gabriel Knight a try - A Bavarian newspaper in a computer game - absolutely intriguing :)
I recommend the whole series. They are very well written and researched (for computer games). Gabriel Knight 2 is especially interesting for Germans for the (well, mostly) accurate portrayal of Bavaria. It's quite funny since you are playing as an American foreigner in Bavaria and can understand the stuff people say that your Character isn't supposed to understand.

Back