The Wiz With Mac

unplugged23

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I only have macs around the house as opposed to pc's, and was wondering if I would still be able to ues the wiz just fine.

I don't have one yet, but am highly considering buying one.

Thanks for all your time and help! :D

From a user perspective using a mac is fine. If you want to get into development of wiz apps, you can use the mac toolchain, but I find the Linux one is more up to date. I run it in a VM on my mac :).

The only problem I have with my mac and the Wiz is that it creates those awful ._ files when you copy files to the SD Card/NAND. They can slow down the SD card and take up a bit of space if they accumulate. I would recommend installing a Windows partition via bootcamp if you have an intel-based mac. Windows OS's will always have more software available for them.

chickendung said:
The only problem I have with my mac and the Wiz is that it creates those awful ._ files when you copy files to the SD Card/NAND.

I had this problem as well but if you are running OS X 10.5 or higher there is an easy terminal command to get rid of those files in just seconds.

Open terminal and type:
cd /volumes

You need to be in this directory in order to see and access all your mounted drives, once there type:
dot_clean [drive]

where [drive] is the the name of your SD card or NAND. In my case, I've named my SD card WIZSD so I just type:
dot_clean WIZSD

and all the nasty ._ files are gone! ;) its a lot quicker than loading a VM or Bootcamp too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back