Noob Questions About Developing For The Wiz

FilthyScum

Still Fresh
Hi, I'm very new to the whole GP2x scene, and I'm interested in trying to develop for the Wiz, but I have some questions, and any help in answering them will be appreciated.

- Where can I find the Wiz SDK? I've looked at the Wiz homepage and I haven't found anything there.
- Is the Wiz SDK Linux-only? I have both Windows and Mac machines, so I'd like to develop on either one of those.
- Are there any tutorials on Wiz development?

I don't think any official SDK has been released yet; but then I (and most here) haven't really looked likely.. its rather moot in a lot of ways (though platform docs would be nice, at least you can get chipset docs online pretty easily.)

The Wiz runs linux, and ARM; its not too hard to build or download a cross compile chain for any platform you like (be it linux, windows, OSX, etc.) A linux target is rarely 'linux only', since its all open stuff. (Myself, I keep a few linux VMs around in vmware, and build there, but I'm sick like that.)

Tutorials .. check the forums here, the gp2x and wiz dev wikis, and so on.

Its not as bad as you think, but theres a few humps - like getting your first hello world built with a cross compiled gcc if you've never used one before. (ie: a gcc build that targets a different platform than the one its running on.)

jeff

Back