How Do I Run Flash Swf Files On The Wiz?

Saoshyant

Still Fresh
Hey guys, first post I think, though long time lurker.

I got a Wiz recently and have been playing around with it. I'm loving the emulator Oh Boy.

Anyhow, I started collecting some Flash 8 games to try here, but when I finally turned on the system, the Launcher doesn't recognize the SWF files, and I can't find any option on the Wiz itself related with Flash other than the built-on Flash games. I have tried Google as well as searching this forum, but with little luck. Help?

Your .swf files need to go into a 'flash' folder on the SD card, and you can launch them by using 'Entertainment' then 'Flash' on the Wiz menu.
I hope this helps.

Cheers, Neil :)

would be nice to share your information what games are working, what not. i tried some flash games but i never got any to work, so i just gave up...

Ah, and here I thought the Entertainment option was for video and music. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Hi crow_riot,

There is a thread in the German board where flash games are collected and rated as follows

(Grüner Status) ==> runs flawlessly
(Schwarzer Status) ==> a bit laggy, get stuck sometimes but rather playable
(Roter Status) => only runs with modified option, please state modifications

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7127&p=86279&hilit=flash&sid=6d821e3c6a6cb861782f7e693eb41ae8#p86279

Most of the posted games are rated green, so probably it's not necessary to translate all the German text around the links - just try them out.

Kasi

kasi said:
(Grüner Status) ==> runs flawlessly
(Schwarzer Status) ==> a bit laggy, get stuck sometimes but rather playable
(Roter Status) => only runs with modified option, please state modifications

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7127&p=86279&hilit=flash&sid=6d821e3c6a6cb861782f7e693eb41ae8#p86279

thanks for that - need to check them out! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saoshyant said:
I'll let you guys know how it works out.

I have had some success with most of the games I tried. The trick was to download a Flash 8 Player executable from the Adobe web site, as well as the Sothink SWF Decompiler to extract the location of the real SWF's you are interested on (most are "protected" by loaders). After collecting the files, try them on version 8 of the Player to get an idea of which ones might run just fine on the Wiz.

There is a major obstacle, though: resolution. Most of the damned things are wider than the Wiz screen and won't fit. Major bummer :/

kasi said:

Oh, and thank you very much for this link. I had no idea if some people had already tried to compile a list of playable games.

Is there a way to map keys to the Wiz's buttons? There look like some basic options in the settings menu but I need to use the Shift key which isn't listed...

®

Back