The What Music Are You Listening To Thread

Yeah, Henry Rollins is one of those musicians that you don't have to be into their music to appreciate. He does a lot of other stuff. I am trying, and failing, to remember what movies I saw him in. I think the story of how he joined Black Flag is pretty interesting.

Yeah, Henry Rollins is one of those musicians that you don't have to be into their music to appreciate. He does a lot of other stuff. I am trying, and failing, to remember what movies I saw him in. I think the story of how he joined Black Flag is pretty interesting.

Just learned that he's been on BBC's Hard Talk recently..

[doublepost=1458430583,1458430240][/doublepost]Iggy Pop still killin' it at 68y old, think I'm gonna ask this guy to adopt me!..

Henry Rollins seems to keep really busy. If I remember correctly he has a few television and radio shows that he does regularly, plus a bunch of other things that are probably too numerous for me to try to list off.

I used to really like Iggy Pop, and I guess I just outgrew him. I remember feeling like he sold out when I started hearing his songs in ads on TV. Normally I don't care about such things, and I probably made assumptions about his position on things of that nature that were innaccurate. Perhaps he doesn't own the rights to them.

Gosh, I love this tune and it was really magical live yesterday with dancing, although those rant step dances are bloody exhausting (as can partially be seen in the vid):

Album and stage version with all band members:

Last edited:
Stop tempting me, you really don't want to know what I am listening to.

Yesterday I was listening to Zoviet France, and decided against sharing just before posting a link to an album on youtube since I doubt many, if any, would want to listen to it. I was listening to Death in June earlier, and people get a bit outspoken due to his (possible) political and other views/ties.

Reactions: rSl
today, 'kohina chiptune webradio' all day long for me.
somehow this is *the* theme for browsing/reading these boards here. :)

Warning, this is the number 1 track on that site, it really doesn't get any better. :p

If the song is intended to scare people - it worked. Will never listen to that song again if I can help it.

If the song is intended to scare people - it worked. Will never listen to that song again if I can help it.

Sorry about that :)

For me those lyrics are now the official words for that Castlevania song. I can't hear any version of it without hearing those lyrics in my head :( I advise you not to look up any of the live performances of it, the actually have an even lower production value.

Sorry about that :)

For me those lyrics are now the official words for that Castlevania song. I can't hear any version of it without hearing those lyrics in my head :( I advise you not to look up any of the live performances of it, the actually have an even lower production value.
Some of the stuff I listen to does the same kind of the thing. Production value is only a minor factor, attitude has more to do with how "good" it sounds (and I don't mean the silliness and jokes, as the stuff I am talking about has that). With a few little suggestions, a cheap mixer (or maybe messing with stuff in the software they used) and not having the mic right next to their mouths would help. Check out some of the old non-studio musical recordings from nearly a century ago. Many of the ones I have listened to are essentially field recordings, sometimes with cheap instruments, and sometimes with less vocal ability than in that song, and they sound great.

Back