The What Music Are You Listening To Thread

The BEST Barry White video on the webs :)

[doublepost=1455149271,1455145447][/doublepost]Request Line, Zhane
A nice little remix from 97 mixtape, 5 Deadly Venoms Of Brooklyn

It's always time for a bit of Djanjo..

Arguably the greatest guitarist ever to have put out a record, his dexterity with his instrument of choice was uncanny & even more so when you learn that several fingers on his left hand were paralyzed as the result of a fire. Criminal that he died at such a young age.

Last edited:
I liked Mr Traumatik / Survival of the smartest.
Lol'd at the Hotpots. Reminds me of Hayseed Dixie and such bands...
oh.. and first time I actually LISTENED to the lyrics of lola... o_O

Last edited:
Paul Dooley: Irish harper
I never get borred listening to his harp with metal cords

Paul Dooley: Irish harper
I never get borred listening to his harp with metal cords
Nice Strathpey, he seems do have some rhythm problems which is no wonder when it comes to this dance, strathpey was always the hardest to play on my pipes for me too.

BTW: It is said, that the original Irish harps often had silver strings since they had enough silver around there and the sound is supposed to be really nice.
My boss is playing a small folk harp too and I'm playing with him again on sunday in a small but complicated project for medieval music (not the stuff you hear on fairs).

I've got all scores from the last known bard (Turlough O'Carolan, 1670-1738) which was an Irish harp player, sadly the tunes don't sound well on a wheel fiddle and really have to be played on a harp with metal strings to sound good.

If you have some recordings from your medieval music or from other ones you really like, I'd be curious to listen to them !

If you have some recordings from your medieval music or from other ones you really like, I'd be curious to listen to them !
The project is quite new we are meeting up the second time tomorrow, it's mostly Italian and German music from around the 14th century with a lot of singing (me as baritone and an Italian soprano).

I've posted some current folk in the thread, for example those somewhere:

The first two are tunes we sometimes play at our monthly session too, mostly French and Swedish folk on several kinds of bagpipes ("säckpipa" and "cornemuse du centre"), wheel fiddles, whistles, etc... all without any amplification or other electronics (that's the only rule).

Since you're in France anyway, check out this awesome festival, it has been known for decades as "St. Chartier" is in Château d'Ars now though and I always had a really good time there, don't know if I make the long journey this year:
http://lesoncontinu.net/fr/index.php

Last edited:
That McSherry guy is virtuose... incredible fingerworks...

Back