The Vgpocket 50 Games

exactly, they can keep putting out these licenced, semi-licenced clones and down right illegal systems and people will buy them just because they have built in games, if you made it capable of installing your own downloaded roms they;d buy one and never buy another untill their's broke or burned out.

but then again we technically already have that in the GP32 and 2X and the price is a lot more than 30 bucks.

gaterooze posted on Feb 7 2006 at 12:16 AM said:
Alex. said:
How can you setup a 1GB Gameboy Micro? Are there flash cards that big for it? Damn, imagine all the portable GBA dumps :D

Supercard SD or CF card adapter. Big as you want. 256mb (megaBYTES not bits) is plenty big for me, holds about 50 games. It's absolutely brilliant.
This makes the GBA Micro very appealing then, too bad the modern GBAs do not use AA's anymore :(

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
gaterooze posted on Feb 6 2006 at 10:16 PM said:
Alex. said:
How can you setup a 1GB Gameboy Micro? Are there flash cards that big for it? Damn, imagine all the portable GBA dumps :D

Supercard SD or CF card adapter. Big as you want. 256mb (megaBYTES not bits) is plenty big for me, holds about 50 games. It's absolutely brilliant.

Is there an NES emulator for the GBA? It would be great if you could turn the GB Micro into an NES machine using this Supercard. :)

darkman posted on Feb 7 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
Is there an NES emulator for the GBA? It would be great if you could turn the GB Micro into an NES machine using this Supercard.  :)
it actually has pocketnes built into its firmware--just copy on .nes games and go at it.

it also has tg16, gb and sms/gg emulation built in. worth mentioning is that the gba's screen resolution leaves a bit to be desired for emulation--there will be some squishing. it's no vgpocket, afterall. Other than the screen resolution, it's a very useful nes emulator, and you generally get used to the screen--us gp users have become masters at that. :p

man that VG POCKET thing looks pretty good at such a low pricepoint and from reading some post on the intenet it is pretty well built.

anyone know where I can get the VG Pocket MAX (the one with 75 games) at a good price.

supposely it goes for as low as $30 but I can't seem to find it at that price anywhere

This may be some final thoughts or impressions on the VgPocket or maybe just the ramblings of a old gamer with a touch of madness. (I don't think this is a poll?)

I have had five days to spend a lot of time on this thing. It has caused me to really think about the handheld market a little. I think that the real thing that has blown me away and completely taken me off guard is the backlit color TFT screen. This was totally unexpected. I am used to seeing the “game & watch” variety of screen and animation when it comes to cheap game machines in the market place. It makes me wonder what has happened in the electronics market that a little company can put out a cheap system with a nice looking screen like this. (Are we going to see more of this sort of thing?) I have no idea how durable or of what kind of quality the materials are in this Vg. It just makes me wonder if this has any significance at all in the future of handheld gaming. Or is this some sort of glitch that will have no bearing on anything. I am used to the big name companies having this type of screen. If you think about it, it was last year that the GB Micro came out, then almost with their hands behind their back Nintendo passed to the stores quietly the “new Brighter screen” SP. About the same time you see this little trinket slip onto the market. All with the same bright backlit screen. (What is going on?) There were a lot of little stand-alone-systems on the shelf this past Christmas, with multiple built-in games, to hook to your TV, that could have been in the same price range if they had just added this TFT screen. A Sega and a Street Fighter one come to mind. (A little retro gaming has become a little popular right now.) Something like this could have a place on the store shelf. The one thing that hooked me on this Vg is the retro gaming.(The NES-ness was just a plus.) And that is why we all here have a GP32 and now a lot have the GP2X. It's the retro. It's the Homebrew.
I, for one, would welcome something like this because, I like gadgets. I like the stuff, the old games. Handheld gaming gadgets will be added to my collection. When I see the VgPocket Max with the 75 games, I am going to pick it up. It will be added to my bunch of handhelds. It might contain a lot of clones and oddball games, but I am Having fun. And that is what it's all about. B)

I just ordered this from a guy on ebay $30+ $5 shippping.

I have yet to order mine so I can't comment on the built quality and durability

but price wise this is an incredible machine.

What an wonderful time we live in.
For only $30 you get:
- 2.5" TFT screen
- TV out connection
- Head phone jack
- 75 full color NES looking game

I remember back in the early 1980s for $20 all we get is one of those b&w LCD games with crappy animations and it has only ONE game.

Only thing is I hope the battery really last 15 hours. not like the gp2x where they claim battery last 8 hours and we actually get only 45 minutes...#%#%

anyway anyone interested in a review of this unit? I will review it when I get it.

Back