The Tournament Hub (Launcher)

I'll see if I can pull together some server side changes over the next few days; getting killed in RL right now .. *sigh*

Hope things slow down a bit soon (in RL :p ) :)

jeff

I'll see if I can pull together some server side changes over the next few days; getting killed in RL right now .. *sigh*

jeff
I was going to prod you in PM, but thanks for the update. This is also pretty much the last major thing I need to add. However, I have a pretty packed weekend too, so I probably won't get much dev time.

Anyway, a brief video update for you all. Now comes with lists and filtering :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPdPd2rnzwQ?feature=oembed

jeff
I was going to prod you in PM, but thanks for the update. This is also pretty much the last major thing I need to add. However, I have a pretty packed weekend too, so I probably won't get much dev time.

That looks TOTALLY AWESOME!!  I am major-league impressed, if that matters much to you.

Looks very awesome :)

Add another tab for 'this months tournament games' (its different toinstalled, favourites, and all games).

jeff

Thanks for this guys, I'm loving playing the classics as they where intended.

I've played more Frogger in the last few days, than I have in 30+ years since it was released. It payed off though, as I took the number one spot today, and I also got further than I have ever reached. This game is better than I gave it credit for.

Chris

I was in third place 3-4 days ago...ha ha.  This game is giving me fits.  I'm over 10,000 points now in Frogger and can't crack the top five list...(takes wizard hat off and pulls hair out)...

That looks like so much work. I really commend you on sticking with this!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's much appreciated.

Add another tab for 'this months tournament games' (its different toinstalled, favourites, and all games).
I would say I can't believe I forgot that, but in truth, yeah, I can.

If I do get to the point where I want to support normal PNDs (and maybe repo support, so sort of a MiniMenu+PNDManager combo), I think I'll probably rewrite it.

How fast does it run on Pandora by the way ? Can you make a video ?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PwAuFJimxNU?feature=oembed

Not yet. I was thinking another item in the (A) list to show genre, and you could use left and right to scroll through to the genre you want, but I don't know

I'm still slightly uncertain on the whole "list" selection part of the UI, but I don't currently have any other ideas.

@ pmprog, love the look of how the UI is shaping up, very slick.

Thanks for this guys, I'm loving playing the classics as they where intended.

I've played more Frogger in the last few days, than I have in 30+ years since it was released. It payed off though, as I took the number one spot today, and I also got further than I have ever reached. This game is better than I gave it credit for.

Chris
I consider the gauntlet well and truly laid down for Frogger, looking forward to seeing what Kumaki can do with this one too. Frogger is a true reminder of how hard the classics were, seem to remember that my best score back in the day was about 15K, you don't get an extra life until 20K  :eek:

Yo pmprog ... I come to you with a little idea. Of course feel free to disregard, I have no intentions to make demands -_-

I'm so in love with this software, but I wondering how the app could generate a bit more "hype" around certain games and create some more friendly competition.

I came up with this idea of another filter category that ranks games based on the "action" they've been seeing. Like if Street Fighter is getting a lot of people trying it, it would be listed as number 1 in that category, or something. Regardless, this category would clue the user into where the action is happening so they can get in on the competition.

Isn't that pretty much the same idea as the list of monthly competition games though?

Oh, well, yes ... I guess that would! That's what happens when you jump in late to the conversation :blink:

Back