The Top 5 Hand Held Consoles Are

R

Red Baron

Hi All
Have you mist me I have mist being here but I only have 5 minutes on the public library internet computer left
I have been doing some research on non main stream hand held consoles and I have found all Chinese are inferior
The top 5 are
1 Pandora by a country mile
2 GP2X F200
3 GP2X WIZ I would make this one number 2 if it had a 3.5” screen or video out
4 GP2X F100
5 Dingoo A320
My 5 minutes is nearly up see you again some time
RB
:ph34r:

Red Baron said:
Hi All
Have you mist me I have mist being here but I only have 5 minutes on the public library internet computer left
I have been doing some research on non main stream hand held consoles and I have found all Chinese are inferior
The top 5 are
1 Pandora by a country mile
2 GP2X F200
3 GP2X WIZ I would make this one number 2 if it had a 3.5" screen or video out
4 GP2X F100
5 Dingoo A320
My 5 minutes is nearly up see you again some time
RB
:ph34r:
I knew you'd come back, goddamnit.
And why is the Dingoo on this list? Is the list for open consoles?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Nintendo DS (all revisions) - Nintendo
2. GP2X Wiz - GamePark Holdings
3. PlayStation Portable (PSP) (all revisions) - SONY
4. GAME BOY ADVANCE SP - Nintendo
5. iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad - Apple

SONY said:
1. Nintendo DS (all revisions) - Nintendo
2. GP2X Wiz - GamePark Holdings
3. PlayStation Portable (PSP) (all revisions) - SONY
4. GAME BOY ADVANCE SP - Nintendo
5. iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad - Apple

I agree with you SONY, just changing the list around.

1. iPhone (Really. It IS AWESOME!)
2. PSP
3. NDS
4. Gameboy (Including GBA - But Classic was the best!!!!!!)
5. GP2X (I've never used a WIZ, yet)

I would add the Pandora - but how can any of us actually know if it's any good? It's seems like release won't happen anytime soon!

Maybe I should keep my DSi and stick with it, after I have looked at this thread :unsure:

Red Baron said:
I have been doing some research and I have found all Chinese are inferior

Ladies and gentlemen: Hitler II

Nova said:
Ladies and gentlemen: Hitler II
hitler-baby.jpg

Btw, how do you like your Pandora so far, slaanesh?

slaanesh said:
I don't have one yet. I'm waiting just like everyone else.
Oh, I thought yours was on the way already, as Craig mentioned it a while ago.

Looking forward porting a newer MAME for it.
Sounds great :)

1. Pandora (I can dream)
2. GBA SP
3. Sega Nomad
4. NDS (all of the million revisions fit here)
5. Sega Game Gear

I put GBA SP before NDS because I played it a ton more and it was the first Nintendo handheld I could actually play. I loved my Sega Nomad before the contrast wheel went out and it got stuck on the brightest setting. I was going to put the Game Gear before NDS also but I didn't have many games for it and I think I would be putting it at 4 for nostalgic reasons. I didn't put my GP2X in there because I hated the stick and that was inexcusable, that was a huge flaw like the screen of every Nintendo handheld before the SP.

I'm putting the Pandora first because I have to keep thinking positive about it getting to me.

Thinking about it these are really the only ones I have owned, well, the Pandora, but I've already explained that. I had the first 20 Gig iPod and all that had was break out and I've never had a smart phone. From what I've seen on the iPhone and iPod Touch if I owned one that would make my top 5.

EDIT: Wow, no one put the Nomad or the Game Gear before me? I think these were way better than the Nintendo handhelds before the SP. When I was a kid I was convinced that Nintendo was bribing someone somewhere, it was the only way I could comprehend why the heck everyone had one of those Game Boys with those awful screens when I was the only kid playing my games back lit and in color. I also think the games on the GG and Nomad were a lot better, I still can't play Game Boy/Game Boy Color games even with emulators, the graphics just sucked, it wasn't only the screens. Oh well, to each his own.

J_B said:
Maybe I should keep my DSi and stick with it, after I have looked at this thread :unsure:

J_B: Didn't your DSi LL just sell on eBay (few days ago)? Or do you have multiple? :D
I'm thinking that I'd like DSi, but I don't see any real point in the upgrade from DS/Lite as there are no DSi (specialty) titles.. They're all compatible with all NDS.

second exodous said:
Wow, no one put the Nomad or the Game Gear before me? I think these were way better than the Nintendo handhelds before the SP.
In my life-time, I've had just about all the hand-held consoles and the size + bulkiness of the Nomad put me off...
Also, both Nomad and Game Gear had dismal battery life when compared to GB...they required quite a few AA size batteries as well, which had cost me heaps, weekly. :(
If I was to play at home, I might as well have conserved their battery life by playing the SEGA Master System and Mega Drive consoles.

As for everyone who loved the Tapwave..well, the battery life was also somewhat of a disappointment, but really, what upset me was the lack of d-pad.
16bit emulated games were near impossible to play with an analogue stick. :(

kingoddball said:
J_B said:

J_B: Didn't your DSi LL just sell on eBay (few days ago)? Or do you have multiple? :D
I'm thinking that I'd like DSi, but I don't see any real point in the upgrade from DS/Lite as there are no DSi (specialty) titles.. They're all compatible with all NDS.
Yes, I sold it because it was all in Japanese and it was driving me crazy but I will get one when they come out here in English, I love the big screen
I think I will stick to the main stream hand held this retro stuff if to hard B)

SONY said:
As for everyone who loved the Tapwave..well, the battery life was also somewhat of a disappointment, but really, what upset me was the lack of d-pad.
16bit emulated games were near impossible to play with an analogue stick. :(
I had one of those. That thing was teh suck! It was ok as a PDA but the emus were always scaled and the stick was near useless. Of course the 2 hour non-swappable battery didn't help either.

SONY said:
second exodous said:
Wow, no one put the Nomad or the Game Gear before me? I think these were way better than the Nintendo handhelds before the SP.
In my life-time, I've had just about all the hand-held consoles and the size + bulkiness of the Nomad put me off...
Also, both Nomad and Game Gear had dismal battery life when compared to GB...they required quite a few AA size batteries as well, which had cost me heaps, weekly. :(
If I was to play at home, I might as well have conserved their battery life by playing the SEGA Master System and Mega Drive consoles.
Ah, yeah, you're right, the Nomad was bulky and took a ton of batteries. I actually forgot the battery part as I had wall adapters and car adapter for both the Nomad and GG. We had a Genesis but it didn't work well and we never had a Master System. Also, the Game Gear had more colors and that alone made the games look better.

I just could not see the GB/GBC/GBA sreen:

20010613h.gif

So for me bad battery life was a small problem compared to not being able to see the screen. I do remember the original Game Boy was hard to see, the GBC was harder, then the GBA was impossible to see. The GBA was a freaking mistake in my book, Nintendo should have never have released it and just put out the SP. I mean was there no testing done? Is it just unusually bright in Japan? Is the sun closer to the earth when it's over Japan? Do houses in Japan use flood lights for lighting? If you need a device for your handheld to see the screen I think that is much worse than needing a wall/car adapter.

I think my favourite is either the gameboy micro or neo geo pocket colour. Both have flaws of course, the micro causes massive cramps after a while due to its tiny size and the ngpc has one of the hardest to see screens ever.

Back