The Top 5 Hand Held Consoles Are

J_B said:
kingoddball said:
J_B said:
Maybe I should keep my DSi and stick with it, after I have looked at this thread :unsure:

J_B: Didn't your DSi LL just sell on eBay (few days ago)? Or do you have multiple? :D
I'm thinking that I'd like DSi, but I don't see any real point in the upgrade from DS/Lite as there are no DSi (specialty) titles.. They're all compatible with all NDS.
Yes, I sold it because it was all in Japanese and it was driving me crazy.

I seem to recall Red Baron having a similar complaint.

Anyway, on topic:

1. GP32
2. Tapwave Zodiac
3. GP2x
4. GBC
5. GBA

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when the Tapwave Zodiac went on sale and I have always kicked myself for not getting one. Well, the same thing happened with the Dreamcast, it went down to under $50 at Media Play and the games were all $5.

Wasn't there another Palm based gaming handheld at one time? Anyway, all these small run handhelds have always fascinated me. I always hold off on them because they are never open source so when the company goes away no more updates and no more games. That is the reason I got the GP2X, if it wasn't for the stick I would have put it at #1 since I would have played that much more than any other handheld I owned. I lost the cap and built up a callus on my thumb but controlling games with a stick just doesn't work for me.

The Zodiac has some excellent qualities:

Built like a tank. Almost entire metallic case. Excellent build quality. Excellent screen - 480x320. Great media player with TCPMP. I got a replacement battery - charge lasts about 10 days for the usage i do with it. And I still use mine almost everyday - though mainly as a PDA or for STPPC. :)

Okay the controller is great BUT for some MAME games that originally had analog controllers it's excellent. Especially with ZodMAME. ie Star Wars. Very nice.

A 400Mhz version with a digital d-pad would have utterly kicked ass even to this day.

1. GP32
2. Original GB/GBC
3. GBA
4. iPhone
5. Gameking (Just for the price they managed to get it down to and the games being decent quality, amazing achievement)

Shit, I forgot the Wiz. I reckon with a few more months use, it'll be at number 3.

craigix said:
1. GP32
2. Original GB/GBC
3. GBA
4. iPhone
5. Gameking (Just for the price they managed to get it down to and the games being decent quality, amazing achievement)

I'm surprised not to see iPhone with iControlpad in number one and Pandora on number two on your list.

Wait... you not including the Pandora is not really that amazing... :p

Me? My list is short since believe it or not I've only owned a GP2X F-100 and have played on a Gameboy Color (a long time ago...) and a friend's Nintendo DSi and PSP, so...

1. Nintendo DSi
2. GP2X F-100
3. PSP (beats GP2X at many things but the ghosting of the screen makes me dizzy...)
4. Gameboy Color (can't really remember what gaming experience was like)
5. Waiting to try something else

You've never played a GBA? :eek: Go and find one, now.

PS: Get on OX chat you're idling :(.

quote said:

PS: Get on OX chat you're idling :( .
But remember, it must SP or Micro. The original one is useless.

quote said:

PS: Get on OX chat you're idling :( .

The games I've tried in emulators convince me that it is an awesome little machine, but no I've never gotten my hands on one, gotta do it when I have a chance...

And already at oX, somehow it stopped refreshing...

Yeah I can see you, and have already said something there, if you can't see it without manually refreshing then it means that something wrong is going on... or naw is really taking care of the place...

Yeah well Nova's been out of his room for a while now, he's back in control.
Oops, I've lead the thread into offtopic.

But yeah, GBA SPs are the way to go.

Not sure what the "best" are per se, but the handhelds I've owned that have had the most use are:

1. GBA
2. Original game boy
3. PSP
4. GP2X (very close against the PSP)
5. DS (haven't had much chance to play one, but New Super Mario Bros was quite fun)

Never really had any problems with lighting on the GBA. Got one when it first came out and loved it.
Hopefully, I'll be able to add the Pandora somewhere high up on that list soon...

I've actually owned just three game consoles so:

1. gp32 BLU
2. Wiz
3. gp2x

and if I need 4 and 5,

4. n770
5. nokia 5230

n770 was ok for scumm while 5230 sucked big time for ngage or emus. I haven't tried with a zeemote yet as the Wiz does fill my gaming needs.

second exodous said:
I remember when the Tapwave Zodiac went on sale and I have always kicked myself for not getting one. Well, the same thing happened with the Dreamcast, it went down to under $50 at Media Play and the games were all $5.

Wasn't there another Palm based gaming handheld at one time? Anyway, all these small run handhelds have always fascinated me. I always hold off on them because they are never open source so when the company goes away no more updates and no more games. That is the reason I got the GP2X, if it wasn't for the stick I would have put it at #1 since I would have played that much more than any other handheld I owned. I lost the cap and built up a callus on my thumb but controlling games with a stick just doesn't work for me.

1. Pandora (Not out yet, but will be best handheld thus far.)
2. GP2x
3. NDS
4. Sega Nomad
5. PSP

Back