The Top 5 Hand Held Consoles Are

1. Gameboy
2. DS Lite
3. NGPC
4. GBA SP
5. PC Engine GT

And yes I've pretty much owned them all, the PSP just gives me hand cramps after 10 mins, the lynx and gamegear were both good units but let down by battery life and size, and those who voted GBC should be shot, the screen is one of the worst ever and mine sits in the corner begging to be put on ebay, dreadful! the wonderswan color and NGPC were much better handhelds out at the same time.

SONY said:
As for everyone who loved the Tapwave..well, the battery life was also somewhat of a disappointment, but really, what upset me was the lack of d-pad.
16bit emulated games were near impossible to play with an analogue stick. :(
The battery life wasn't too bad. Most devices today have a similar runtime or even less. The four action buttons on the Zodiac work very well as a d-pad. Of course, it's on the wrong side and severly limits the number of buttons you have for other actions. Also, I remember the keys wearing out under very heavy use after some time.
Even with those problems, the Zodiac is still the best damn gaming handheld ever made. It's not really an emulation device but the original games and ports were pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
1. Nintendo DS (all revisions) - Nintendo
2. GP2X Wiz - GamePark Holdings
3. PlayStation Portable (PSP) (all revisions) - SONY
4. GAME BOY ADVANCE SP - Nintendo
5. iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad - Apple

agreed... for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back