The Sony U70

Looks kind of awkward to hold to me, will normal PC emulators work with this? Also whats the price in GBP? As that chart thing confused me :(

To tell you the truth I dont really have much time for things like this, too much like a PC if you ask me.

Already considered it. None of the buttons on the front are configurable. they have useful functions like zoom, portrait, left/right click etc. but you can't assign them to keyboard keys so no go. The inability for it to stand up on its own on a table without the dock also kills off the possiblity of connected a game controller to it. It's meant to be held in the hand. I have a friend who was in tokyo at the time of the launch so he got it almost half the price the import dealers are selling them. Price at www.uk.dynamism.com for u50 £1517.74, for u70 £1852.48. The other importers are the same. Unless you really want it or know someone in Japan that can get it for you it's too expensive. Great for mouse driven games though just not pratical for emulation.

whohaha it costs about €2000.

I think gaming has to remain fun.

But it is a very cool machine.
Lookst like a new 'home computer' (as tha amiga was)

check out the new mini pc that sony have released:

Sony Vaio U70

looks pretty good for emulation!
209419.jpg

nothing compared to the vaio all in one system, i sold one 2day for £1199 (shame i dont get commision :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
the controls on that looks clumbsy

are you suggesting that this is a good solution for on the go emulation
no d-pad or anything

looks like you would need to use a keyboard
looks interesting though

Back