The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

Yes that's something I'd be interested in. I take it you haven't got access to the original game on PC or PS2? But anyway, I'd expect the Pyra version to be trying mostly to ape that, while the switch version might have added shaders. But either way, interesting to look at for sure.

I have the PC Version still on my Notebook, as i needed the files to install the Game on Pyra but maybe it would be better to run this on the Phythian when i have it..

The Only GTA i have on Playstation 2 are GTA2 (PSX), GTA San Andreas, and Liberty City Stories but i have the issue of sticky nubs on the PS2, maybe i will get me a new PS2 Controller and a PS2 HDMI Adapter from Dragonbox when they are back in stock..

Reactions: rSl
If i think about this idea, maybe it would be great to test if cutting works, so whe will park this Video for when i have my Phytian and set up the Cutting Workstation on it..

So maybe i could made a pause until then.. .. , so no Video this Weekend.., therefore the next whit cutting, a good mixed Audio , a good thumpnail, ..

I changed my mind; this evening I want to make the Vice City Comparison Video, Switch vs Pyra,
But the Farming Simulator 2013 Unimog Let’s Play is still in my plan, I don’t know when and whit which upload times, but it’s sure ..
when I got the Phytian, I will first try something for myself, and when the Simulators are running, I will use the weekend evening for some video production, .. but I want also to continue the Pyra Video Projekt;
Therefore: Pyra Stuff will be Englisch, Let’s Play stuff will be German.. although I make a difference between Let’s Play Content, which is real serious Gameplay (expect of that I will give me some extra money in Farming Simulator) , and Let’s Run Stuff on Phytian ARM which will be Englisch as this will be aimed on this Boards ..
I don’t want to make every day a video, but maybe I can play a few hours on Saturday, and cut this in 7 Parts?
Also this will be still a fun project, I hate commercials on YouTube, so no monetary…

I'm subscribed to your feed via rss using one of the youtube mirrors that provides that functionality. so to me it doesn't matter how regularly you put out videos, I'll still watch them. I also use various youtube video downloaders to watch videos, rather than the website, so I never see adverts anyway.

Im still Wonder why im the only one who made these videos,
And I’m introverted I don’t like it to be in public, and YouTube feels a bit like I’m in TV ^^
Although I only have 48 Supscribers..

So guys and girls, don’t be shy, whe need more Pyra Videos, and maybe from someone who speaks a much more natural English than I..

Or do the other 199 Pyra Owners think that it’s not necessary to make Videos because my Chanel existed??

Im still Wonder why im the only one who made these videos,
For me It's just general life events. I don't have the time like I used to a few years ago when I was working with the OMAP 5 devboard, the current job I'm working more than 45 hours a week, no remote work and have around 2 hours of commuting each day. My weekends are taken with other things I'm dealing with.

For you it makes sense, whit your work times that you can’t make Pyra Videos, but whe have a bit more Pyra owners even at this early stage….

I think I can shovel the Sunday free or Saturday evening, for Pyra Video, and also my upcoming Farming Sim 2013 Let’s Play Projekt : I thought today on my say hello and goodbye routine: I make the parts 15 Minutes, then I make my „Hello and welcome to my Unimog Simulator LP“ - thanks and goodbye „ every 15 Minutes so I know that I have to cut there .. , I can then Upload every Part every Evening when I’m on the Phytian for my Video Watch Routine ^^
I just have to make 7 parts , so 7 x 15 = 105 Minutes, so maybe 8 Parts worth of Gameplay in 2 Hours ^^ this should be possible in 2 Days..

15 minutes seems to me like a rather arbitrary length to put lets play videos in these days, if you want to cut them to a length I'd recommend doing closer to 30 minutes, although I don't know the game, are there better places to stop than others? Might be better to extend those 30 minutes to a safe place to stop. 15 minutes or so are fine for you demonstration pyra videos, I don't have a problem with those, but lets play videos are a rather different thing in my mind at least.

For you it makes sense, whit your work times that you can’t make Pyra Videos, but whe have a bit more Pyra owners even at this early stage….
I've asked myself the same question for quite sometime now, there is ~150+ people with this thing, and basically nothing out there about it.

Well as I’m back from work in the evening, I have to make Productions on Weekends, so 30 Minutes x 7 are 210 Minutes, so about 4 Hours to play and to cut, this Let’s Play Projekt is more an idea, it could take some weeks until I got the Phytian to a state where it’s can play and record Windows Games..
First of all I have to install the Debian Image from the USB Stick, and set it up the correct way, then I have to install the graphic card driver, Box86 and Wine, also Kazam and Opencut , as well as an USB Microphone (I would need to buy one) , and install some Games, I will use to show what runs and as a training for Gameplay Recording (Let’s Run Stuff on Phytian ARM) , if this works good I will think about the length of my Farming Simulator Video.. but ok 30 Minutes would maybe make more sense, this means 2 Hours on Saturday and 2 Hours on Sunday playing, i have to test how long it’s takes to cut and upload…

@matzesu You are the wrong person, at the wrong place, at the right time. Thanks for the videos. I watch them dreaming of ever getting one Pyra...

• Love
Reactions: rSl
So whe need the right person allthough Video Making is fun for me, but somethimes when i really dont know what topic i should have in these Videos, its a bit anoying..

So whe need the right person allthough Video Making is fun for me, but somethimes when i really dont know what topic i should have in these Videos, its a bit anoying..
I'm not sure what @FBnil meant, but you're certainly not the "wrong" person. There are no right or wrong people for spreading the love for Pyra.

I wonder: Would it be possible to use Kazam on Pyra? So i could make the Videos direktly on Pyra, put them maybe on the Phytian and upload them to Youtube? My USB Headset should also work..
Or would Kazam need to much power?

The big advantage where that i could pause the recording, and it should be much more comfortable to hold when i dont have to take care on the Iphone Camera..

EDIT: Nevermind, i dit a quick test: There is Kazam in the Repo, but its need to many power and the Gameboy Emulator "Ruckelt" dosnt work good
Also i ditnt got my Microphone from the Airpods Pro to work in this Test Run..
So back to Iphone Filming on this part

But when Box86 runs on Phytian, i think i can make Videos direktly whit Kazam..

Last edited:
I just downloaded a few Homebrew Games on Pyra, so i think i will make a new Video today, on "Non Emulator Stuff"..
My last one was a few weeks ago, so maybe whit a few more suggestions from the Community, i could have more ideas ^^

I just downloaded a few Homebrew Games on Pyra, so i think i will make a new Video today, on "Non Emulator Stuff"..
My last one was a few weeks ago, so maybe whit a few more suggestions from the Community, i could have more ideas ^^
I like the sound of homebrew and indie games as a series. Have yoy played Two Months on it yet?

Ditnt played two months yet as i dont know where to buy the Pyra DBP Version, on Itch Io is just the Windows, and the Linux Version, maybe i oversaw something..

I filmed now the Games i have on the Pyra, not that long, just a few minutes each..

Some needs Depencies i dont have on my Pyra, so i couldnt run them..

And i saw whe dont have the big Library yet whe had on Pandora: there was Ultimative Stunts, i enjoyed on Pandora, you even could use a Lego Car ^^,
And whe still dont have GameGear and Amiga Emulation..

It’s allready online, allthought I needed 3 Try’s because maybe I ditnt made it that clear enough in my household that I’m working on my YouTube carrier ^^

Was I Right when I said this game is like Metroid/Castlevania or Shoffle Knight?
It’s cool, plays fantastic, but I’m not that good in these games..

Back