The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
As you know, I have a small YouTube channel, https://youtube.com/user/matzesu1 and a Pyra, and I dit some Videos about it, where I showed some of the allready existing software, showed how it works in sunlight, compared it whit the Pandora, etc
But I’m now a bit out of ideas what to show, what to make etc
Please note: I can’t code, so I have to wait for someone else who Port stuff on the Pyra I can show then, I’m not spontaneous, and I lack a bit of knowledge on Linux..
So maybe this might be a good thread for suggestions for new Pyra Videos,
But also feel free to make your own Pyra Video from the Suggestions you find hear..
and have fun ^^

Yes we're finally getting some decent sun at least here in the northern hemisphere. I think I'd like to see you give a game under emulation a proper go, and not turning if off at the first sign of trouble. I mean that's fair enough if you just want to put out a sample of how things are running, but it pains me slightly how you always seem to give up so easily.

Well, I thought about some actual gameplay, I mean Super Mario Land DX, might be 3 Videos until the last level..
but there is still the sound issue, and somethimes the Pyra freezes whyle the Emulator is running.. , so I have to use savestates and reboot the Pyra, and sometimes it’s screw the Nubs so I have to run the N64 Emulator to get the Nubs back to work..
but well, maybe some actual Gameplay would be a good idea..
Maybe I get away whit the Audio Issue by just using my Shower Bluetooth Speaker ..

If it´s possible for you: How to actually install a new piece of software. Where to get it, the commands etc. how long one needs until it runs first time. :)

Install software whit the terminal isn’t that big of an issue for me, I mean sudo apt .. or synthetic
or do you mean porting things ; the latter one is something I can’t..
maybe on Thursday

Today I try to play Super Mario Land DX on Camera,
Im now after the Submarine Level, and it’s a the first 15 Minutes,
Although I had to make multiple takes until it worked out..
i don’t know how to glue them together so I have now maybe a lot of smaller parts ..
I wonder how many parts it’s needs..

Yeah, that´s what I meant, how it is done in practise as opposed to using the Pandora store. What an actual software installation process looks like :)
Anyway, looking forward to the next video, and have a good Sunday!

Well, my Pyra battery is now empty; so Pt 2 was the last for today;
I made some multiple try to film, so the runntime of the Pyra was more than 15 minutes I have now on film reel,
I also all ready finished the game bevor whitout Camera, and it’s lost maybe 10 - 20 percent battery..
I don’t know what happened here, as it got around 80 percent at start

I didn´t know you could shoot the Egyptian cat...for decades I have evaded it and moved past it :D
Nice video. Seems to run flawlessly; and I like that, unlike all the other male youtubers, never curse nor swear during gameplay :)

Yeah, that´s what I meant, how it is done in practise as opposed to using the Pandora store. What an actual software installation process looks like :)
There's no opposition, the only difference is the directory on the card to drop the file.
Installing software on the pyra is as simple as on the pandora. I doubt a video of someone copying a file on an sdcard is that interesting ;)

Development videos. Demonstrating how to install a build environment on the Pyra and use it. Cross-Platform development. Hardware hacking.

Thats true, coding is something i cant help whit, so i decide to help instead whit Videos, allthough they are also not that professinal, ..
But this Thread is also good as a suggestion for Other Pyra owners, so maybe someone have a Pyra, and can code, and knows how to film?
Then feel free to make your Video and post your Chanel in your Post, ^^

Well, Special Effect ar no Proplem ^^, Barrel Roll will get made in the next video ,
HDMI isnt working yet, or it is sort of, but lacks a GUI, and it needs to work whit Tiler,
I allready put the Pyra over HDMI on my TV whyle it booted, but then its stuckd, so maybe on the Part of the Boot Process, where Tiler was activated or something, its dont know what to do..

The Connection works allready.., its just the software..

But Barell Roll might be a quite short Video..
Maybe some sort of Conclusion what i like and what i dont like, some more comparasions between Pyra and Pandora, from a Practical Perspective,
And i could try another atempt to make Guitarix to work, there was an Update on the Audio System the last time i dit the Update, maybe this will do the Trick?

Back