The perfect Pandora needs...

H

H.Enry

a bigger display and case for the "Old Gamer" as me 8) (Example 3DS XL or a little bigger)

A HDMI output.

A bigger NAND and SDRAM.

A minimum of dual-core.

...and a better price (chinese tablets cost with full hd-display, dual core, 16gb ram less than 120,00 Euro and you can good emulate old consoles - Ok, i miss the buttons and the keyboard of pandora).

a bigger display and case for the "Old Gamer" as me 8) (Example 3DS XL or a little bigger)

A HDMI output.

A bigger NAND and SDRAM.

A minimum of dual-core.

...and a better price (chinese tablets cost with full hd-display, dual core, 16gb ram less than 120,00 Euro and you can good emulate old consoles - Ok, i miss the buttons and the keyboard of pandora).
Henry, make an account and post in P2 Spam

A HDMI output.

A bigger NAND and SDRAM.

A minimum of dual-core.

Maybe you should consider buying a Netbook or a nVidia Shield (if you don't really need the keyboard)

I guess everything except for the price might eventually happen ;)
Sad, I'll have to live with my Pandora longer than I thought, maybe the P3 will be smaller again :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad, I'll have to live with my Pandora longer than I thought, maybe the P3 will be smaller again :unsure:
A bigger screen does not necessarily mean it will be much bigger in size. Just need to push the speakers somewhere else :)
But the thread creator requested both a bigger screen and a bigger case (min. 3DSXL size or even bigger)

A bigger screen does not necessarily mean it will be much bigger in size. Just need to push the speakers somewhere else :)
But the thread creator requested both a bigger screen and a bigger case (min. 3DSXL size or even bigger)
In that case (no pun intended, oh oh), i'm with you, I don't want a large Pandora to carry around. The 3DSXL is not really what I call portable anymore, it doesn't fit in a standard pocket.

Oh, I missed the "case".

That won't really increase at all.

Why not both?

One Pandora with your parameters and one with bigger screen and bigger case - the same as nintendo.

Nintendo has find the new market for the old.

We are the generation that grow up with the emulated games and machines.

I find the Pandora a very good machine.

If i was 17 i buy it immediately, of course the price is a handycap.

Now with 50 i need it a little big greater for eyes and hands ;)

Because it's just not possible to produce many different devices in low volumes.

Nintendo couldn't create a 3DSXL if they would only sell a couple of thousands of them.

IMO:

Bigger screen - desirable

Bigger case - not desirable
I think it depends who you are. In my case, I wish the unit was deeper, because as it is I'm holding it with my finger tips because the front doesn't extend into the palm of my hand. But, OTOH, it already is too large to easily fit into a pocket,so extending it that way wouldn't be too bad.

Unfortunately, that would help make the screen bigger as the speakers would then have to be located above the screen, which makes no sense, you get even less separation between the speakers

Of course you can make the same as the updates from classic to the new pandora.

The "motherboard" are the same, the bigger screen, case and cable for the buttons and keyboard are the different.

Or you can distribute for a little bit of money an .stl Datei for a bigger case and adresses they sell the different parts..

Or better you can distribute it as open hardware.

So you have a bigger Team that can faster develop the perfect Pandora.

Many manufacturer for open hardware parts can build a cheap Pandora.

Excuse me i wan't destroy your business or anger you. It's only a dream to find a little good "hardware to go" to emulate my old computers how i program and play with in my young days (PET, VC-20, C-64, Amiga, TRS-80, Apple2 and so on).

The Pandora is realy the nearest part of hardware that can do it - but a little big greater and a price of 350,00 Euro that's what i search.

Making the first case is really expensive, y'know. As in really, really expensive. The second, third, fiftieth and hundredthousandth cases are fairly cheap, and thus if you plan to sell that many units, you can afford to make several different case variations.

Really expensive means around 50.000$ - 100.000$  right?

I think also i buy one and put it in a 3D Printer selfmade Case, but i don't know i can chance the Display with a bigger one.

I wait if the producer have put a better processor, more NAND and RAM to do this.

I even think about it to take a cubieboard 2 and unsolder the interfaceconnector to make it smaller in the high, buy a suitable display, print a selfmade case, solder cable to the extern connectors, the gaming sticks and the keyboard was a problem. Not a connecting problem, to find anyone.

My heart opens if i know about it, because it the same time as the beginning of the computer area 8)

2 sized Pandora's is madness for a small company like this, but I totally agree that the Pandora is too small. I know it will not win the popularity vote, but when the screen is right and folks have the chance to pick the small 5" P2 or a 6" version. I am sure the 6" version will give you the best experience. Old or young...

Are folks really walking with a Pandora in their pocket? Is it really that important....? I may have done that a few times - in my jacket -, but I would gladly sacrifice the convenience for a superior device.

Back